It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #1
(female)

LOJUWIPO HB User
Shared Emotion

I am new to this posting site. However, the reason I joined is because of a post that I saw where the woman wanted to be sure she wasn't alone. I am an orphan and my grief is heavy but I do not carry it alone. I lost my MOM suddenly in 2006 and my DAD steadily in 2009. Either way is a painful experience. I try not to tell people that I understand because each case of grief is unique to the individual within a particular family. Dependent of the family structure we should all try to think before we say anything. Sometimes you don't have to say anything silent presence is priceless.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:06 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Shared Emotion

Your point is well taken. We do have to be very sensitive when we choose our words.

There is great comfort to be had in knowing there are others out there on this night, or any other, whom are grieving as we are.

I too, have lost both my parents exactly 30 days apart, and the first anniversary of their double funeral is in a few days. My first hope is to offer comfort and support to others who are struggling, which in turn makes me feel stronger.

It is a wonderful place to do so. Wishing you the best...
Janet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
confused, grief, sad