It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
(female)

neverknowwhy HB User
how did you start to feel normal again?

Anyone who had suffered a loss my sympathies. When did you start to feel normal again? Was it gradual over a long period of time or did you wake up feeling better? Please share your stories of recovery.

Old 01-14-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
(male)

fldinosaur HB User
Re: how did you start to feel normal again?

This Wed., the 16th, will be 3 years since my wife left. "Normal"? After being with her for 25 years and now alone, there is no normal. The gut wrenching pain subsides but the emptiness is always there. The feeling of incompleteness.

I am how I am now just by existing, going about "living" day to day....work and home. Maybe a normal would happen if I ever met someone else...to take my mind off the memories and the rest, but I don't see that happening, therefore no normal.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverknowwhy View Post
Anyone who had suffered a loss my sympathies. When did you start to feel normal again? Was it gradual over a long period of time or did you wake up feeling better? Please share your stories of recovery.
Dear neverknowwhy, I lost my dad suddenly in <5 minutes. It was 2 years ago & my recovery was gradual. Here is what happened that made it succumb in a greater way. One of my best friends died in her sleep leaving behind a daughter. It was just before Christmas & my family members were sad with the one year anniversary of my dad approaching. I went to my friends funeral and on the front row sat her 25 year old daughter, a girl who had grown up with me in her daily life her whole life, alone holding up better than me & my family members were over my dad. None of us were 25 & none of us were now orphans like she was as her dad passed 5 years before when she was twenty. She had all her relatives, moms friends & her friends & has handled her moms death as well as anyone could ever expect. Moral of this story is after seeing her I never acted wounded over my dad again. She could do it at 25, i could certainly do it & get better at 50. I hope that if you need a listening ear that you will let us know how you are.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:33 AM   #4
(female)

rajeenah HB User

I don't think after you lose someone very close to you is it ever normal again. I know everyone is different, and handles lose differently. I lost my Dad in December and I do not think my life will ever be the same again. I never experienced a pain like I did the day my Dad died. I did go back to doing normal thing pretty soon after because basically its what you have to do and I can see people and act ok, but I still have an emptiness in my heart. It still takes over my thoughts. sometimes I cant believe this is the rest of my life. I'm 28 and my Dad will not see me get married, have kids or finish my goals. I have so many regrets also. For me I do not think I will ever be normal.

Reply Reply