It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

MABMLP HB User
Trying to find my way after becoming a widow at 28

My husband died suddenly 11-30-12 and I just don't see how it's possible for anything to ever be normal again. His birthday and our second year wedding anniversary is this weekend I'm dreading it. I also feel I'm failing as a mother because I am so depressed. Please tell me there is light out there.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:31 AM   #2
(male)

Hayde HB User
Re: Trying to find my way after becoming a widow at 28

Hey there

I can relate as to how you feel at the moment. My mother who I was VERY close to as a child fell off her Jet-Ski with my step-father, was missing for 3 days in a lake before they found her and confirmed her death. I was only 12 years old when this happened; it was definitely a traumatic experience.

And from that experience, I can tell you: It gets better. It gets so much better. You can look for love and embrace within your family and your friends. I found being with these people often made me happy, as well as looking at the optimistic side of life.

You are not alone in this painful and tragic experience. There are people out there who will be by your side no matter what. People who love you, people who will do anything for you.

I understand it is very hard for you at the moment, especially as this event occurred recently. It took me almost 3 months to fully accept the situation and be happy.

You are NOT a failed mother. Never tell yourself that. I guarantee you are a strong woman, even under your current circumstance. Even if you do find it hard to comprehend, there are people out there who are willing to sit, listen, comfort and embrace you.

So to answer your question: Yes, there is a light out there. There is hope and happiness after experiencing something so tragic.

I send my love to you, and pray for your happiness. May it find its way to you soon. X

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jennifer0023 HB User
Re: Trying to find my way after becoming a widow at 28

This is terrible. What words to ease any pain you feel? Time. Try locating to see if there is a widow group that meets, doesn't matter if you are the youngest there..you will all learn from eachother. I worked in a coffee shop and they would meet there. They seemed to lean on eachother and form a "family"
Also, maybe go to your local church. My friend was killed in a horrific car accident-I can say I was the walking ghost. I just wandered...I found comfort in this small church..my pain was deep and awful. Right now, it is shock for you...I wish you comfort in your time of need.

Closed Thread

Tags
grief, widow