It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Grief & Loss Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

tooyoung4this HB User
Mom end stage ALS the end

My mom is 43, she had been diagnosed with asl in november of 2011! She is getting weaker, she cant walk, cant hold herself to be comfy, i have to sometimes feed her, and she has to use a comode to go to the bathroom. she is on a bipap machine and cant go off it more than 15 mins at MAX she has lost 20-30 pounds in the last year and a half. And dad is considering putting her into a nursing home! I over heard her talking about the end! wanting a way out, ive researched this and i have found no help for <u8nderstanding this>! I am only a teenager and cant take not knowing. Dad secretly tells me everything thats going on but not this. Please help me! tell me what can happen from here!

PS I am doing all the cooking and cleaning, doing books for a buisness and farm. all the laundry ON TOP OF my school sports (which is eveything) my friends AND having a 92% average in school! This is driving me crazy!

the past 2 months ive woken up angry and went to bed angry! just at the world! but i dont let anyone know cause i am ususally happy crazy lady! but lataly i cant even take it! i dont talk to anyone cause it makes everyone weird. my own family hardly talks about anything!

please help this is my last resort i cant take it! and i love my mom too much!

Last edited by Administrator; 07-09-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User
Re: Mom end stage ALS the end

Hello tooyoung4this

Yes, Honey, I agree... you are too young for all of this and sometimes life is just plain unfair. I am so sorry that your Mom is so ill. The whole family suffers in many ways when someone so important is so ill.

Perhaps Mom and Dad are thinking of Hospice care for Mom. Hospice is a type of nursing home for those dealing with terminal illnesses. Oh, the people at Hospice are wonderful. Sometimes Hospice care is given in the home, sometimes at a Hospice facility (nursing home setting) and sometimes Hospice care is given in a hospital setting in special cases.

Under Hospice, everything possible is done to keep the patient comfortable. Drugs are given to eliminate pain, nurses are especially caring and the setting is a bit less formal than a regular hospital. The staff is very well trained to deal with all the physical and emotional issues of the patients under care. Another great service Hospice provides is counseling to the family members.

You are an amazing young lady. You have taken on so much of the household duties and are keeping up with your schoolwork and sports as well. Because I am a mom, I know how proud your mom is of you for all you do and a joy in her life. Even if she can not express it right now, you need to hold in your heart how much you mean to her... just like she means to you. :-)

I don't blame you for being angry at the world. I sure would be. Have you talked with the guidance counselor or social worker at your school? They can be wonderful friends as you deal with this. Please think about approaching them.

I hope you come back and share with us as you continue to deal with all of this.

Sending you gentle hugs
reachout

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply