It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2004, 08:44 PM   #1

halfnuts HB User
Cool alopecia in down syndrome(hair loss)

i would like any advice anybody out there would have on alopecia. my daughter is 8 years old with down syndrome and over the last year and 1/2 has had patterns of hair loss. the 1st time it happened she lost hair on the front left side of her head and over the months regained her hair. this latest episode she has lost hair over a good portion of the top of her head. she is currently on "protopic" which was prescribed to her by the dermatologist but her hair does not seem to be responding to it. is this something that will take care of itself over time or can it get progressively worse. any information out there would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by halfnuts; 02-24-2004 at 08:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2004, 01:45 PM   #2
(female)

Jaber HB User
Re: alopecia in down syndrome(hair loss)

I know a little 4 year old girl w/ Downs with alopecia. All I know from her mother is that it is in no way related to her Downs and may come or go in the future. I'm sorry, I don't have any info on alopecia itself, but I wanted to let you know that the alopecia and Downs have no connection. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread