It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2004, 11:38 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
Has anyone used Natural Progesterone Cream for Hair loss?

Has anyone used Natural Progesterone Cream for Hair loss? This is what lead to me to natural pro-gest in the first place.

My hair loss started right after the birth of my 1st child 6 years ago and has not stopped. I've lost 1/2 my hair. I know it's hormonal because it started after pregnancy and the only time it stopped completely is when I was pregnant with my 2nd child. Then it started up again after my second baby was 4 months old just like the first pregnancy.

After extensive research on the topic of hair loss - everything kept pointing to NPG. Anyone else out there who is like me?

By the way, I've been on the cream for 3 months now and I finally have days where there is no shedding. But days still where it comes out like mad.

Old 08-24-2004, 01:20 PM   #2
Veteran

pslam 91 HB User
Re: Has anyone used Natural Progesterone Cream for Hair loss?

Yes, not me but a college buddy of mine. She just mentioned to me that she started progesterone cream and she swears it make a difference. That is one symptom I havent had to deal with! I'll adk her to check the boards and respond. We live in different parts of the country.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Thanks, that would be helpful.

Please also tell her that as of this Saturday 8/28 I will not have access to the internet for 10 days (should she respond then). So if she does not hear from me, I will respond when I get back and running.

Old 08-25-2004, 03:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User

Elda, did you check with a dermatologist? I'm going through the hair loss thing too. just on the right side and the front of my hair line. they say it can be hereditary or related to stress and definetly hormones. plus the fact our hair sheds in cycles. more in one season than the other plus child birth. especially after the child is born.
the skin or scalp feels funny and more sensitive where the hair loss is. alpecia? is that what they call it? It's definetly not ring worm. I just want it to stop and hope that the cream you're suggesting is an answer to this horrible matter.
where can I get it? do I need a prescription? or over the counter?

Old 08-25-2004, 04:18 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

lintek.....yes, I have seen a dermatologist. Actually that was the first MD I saw about this. He didn't have a clue as to why it was happeing, just said, it doesn't look THAT bad, and if it does try Rogaine. Okay buy, buy....that will be a $20 co-pay please!

It's hormonal for sure. It started after pregnancy. Stopped when I was pregnant the second time and then started again like clockwork 4 months after the second birth. Yes, it could be hereditary but I doubt it. If I was never pregnant I probably would have my hair.

Old 08-25-2004, 04:27 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

...I'm sorry, I didn't finish answering your questions.

I use an over the counter creme by Emerita called Pro-Gest. I use it for my peri menopausal symptoms also not just hair loss . I went looking for the cause of hair loss and came upon the possibilty that I may be lacking the sex hormone - progesterone. Then I saw that it could help with my other issues too and I've been self-medicating for 3 months now with wonderful results. This particular creme is strong and effective. I would suggest educating yourself on the topic before you use it, or see a MD who can supervise your usage.

I'm in the process of going under the care of a MD in hopes that I can continue natural HRT. I don't like self-medicating, even though I've seen positive results. I don't want to mess with my hormones without supervision.

Good luck~

Closed Thread