It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
Inactive

branong HB User
RE:Accutane and Differin Gel Combo causing Hair Loss??

Hi Frens. Im from Singapore. Sunny and Humid all year long. Last year, i have seen a GP regarding my pimples, occasionally cystic acne after taking some doxycycline and Retin A combo with no good effects. After reading some threads last year, i decided to give Accutane, or in Singapore theres a similar drug with accutane contents called Nimegen.

As the gp diagnosed, my acne condition wasnt that bad, so i was told to take 10Mg for 4mths together with use of Differin at night. 4 Months down the road, i became a more confident young man but soon the acne came back again. I went back to the same GP and he still gave me 10Mg for 4 months. i have already finished my 2nd course in a year, but acne still not a history for me. besides now, i think i have another prob. which is that i find my hair thinning. Is it due to Accutane?

I am just wondering is the Isotretinoin too strong for my hair since is thinning?
and what should i do now since theres no improvement in acne conditions and also thinning hair.

Thanks so much for ur input.
Very much appreciated.

Old 09-19-2004, 07:11 AM   #2

bored HB User
Re: Accutane and Differin Gel Combo causing Hair Loss??

hey i'm from singapore too...and when i fast see my family doctor, i was prescribed retin A and doxycycline ..almost same as yours..

and after that i went to Dr Loke dermalogist, and i was prescribed accutane 20mg alternate day and antibiotics at the same time. Around 3 mths + already and the acne is controlled but so many many red spots on my face..
i also experiencing some hair loss...too...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
Inactive

branong HB User

oh no.... are u taking Nimegen? or Accutane?

shirks!

i cant take doxycycline cos i'll feel nauseous when i take it.....

Old 09-19-2004, 10:31 AM   #4

bored HB User

i am eating roaccutane..the $5.90 per pill ...
i ate doxycycline for almost 10 weeks..and it did nothing..lol
and retin A was the worse, it cause a huge initial outbreak to me and burn my skin

Old 09-19-2004, 11:29 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

johnsmith007 HB User

The hair loss is definitely due to the Accutane. You could try going on a lower dosage, which could still help your acne and not make your hair fall out.

Old 09-21-2004, 05:37 AM   #6
Inactive

branong HB User

Lower dosage? Im already on 10Mg a day. aint that the lowest already?

anyway, i've already finished my 2nd course for about half a year already. now hair is slowly dropping lesser and lesser

Old 06-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #7
(male)

Linkin83 HB User

Hi, i'm taking Nimegen now. I'm actally wondering if you're still taking it now cos i'm actually experiencing thinning of hair. Will the thinning of hair get worst? Pls help, I'm Paranoid.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by branong View Post
Hi Frens. Im from Singapore. Sunny and Humid all year long. Last year, i have seen a GP regarding my pimples, occasionally cystic acne after taking some doxycycline and Retin A combo with no good effects. After reading some threads last year, i decided to give Accutane, or in Singapore theres a similar drug with accutane contents called Nimegen.

As the gp diagnosed, my acne condition wasnt that bad, so i was told to take 10Mg for 4mths together with use of Differin at night. 4 Months down the road, i became a more confident young man but soon the acne came back again. I went back to the same GP and he still gave me 10Mg for 4 months. i have already finished my 2nd course in a year, but acne still not a history for me. besides now, i think i have another prob. which is that i find my hair thinning. Is it due to Accutane?

I am just wondering is the Isotretinoin too strong for my hair since is thinning?
and what should i do now since theres no improvement in acne conditions and also thinning hair.

Thanks so much for ur input.
Very much appreciated.

Closed Thread