It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
(male)

Calibrated Yew HB User
Hair loss on one side of the head

On the Left side of my head my hair is incredible thin and almost molds into an odd placed natural parting when greasy. The hair is also very wirey, thin and lifeless and sticks up oddly all over that side of my head. This wiry hair also extends to my hairline on the left side where the hair falls flat and has little volume and appears to be very thin and due to how thin the hair is it my hairline appears to look further back than it is. I’m aware that hair loss is not going to be equal on each side of the head but on my right side the hair is thick and not thinning or receded in anyway. To me this seems a little odd, I first noticed this about 2 years ago and it doesn’t seem to have got much noticeable worse although my hair was a lot longer then and not as noticeable to myself. Also forgot to mention the left side of my head practically down the wiry parting of my head can get excessively itchy.

Any Suggestions of what could cause such an extreme differences in my hair on different sides of my head?

Thanks.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Hair Loss...please share your experiences and help me understand my situation aceman626 Hair Loss / Alopecia 4 11-24-2008 07:52 PM
aplastic anemia and hair loss NYS123 Hair Loss / Alopecia 3 03-05-2008 06:14 PM
Looking For Info On Hair Loss whyworry Hair Loss / Alopecia 1 12-14-2007 01:33 PM
Hair loss tigereye1983 Hair Loss / Alopecia 6 11-20-2007 12:11 PM
Im 18 and have been losing hair since 17. Giant_Squid Hair Loss / Alopecia 3 12-03-2005 03:47 PM