It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(male)

RJP HB User
Sudden hair loss!! Creatine to blame?!?

My hair all of a sudden started falling out pretty rapidly 2 months ago. I started taking creatine 2 months ago. My reason for posting is not to determine whether or not creatine is the cause. (I have extremely thick hair, could always run my fingers through with no loss, and now all of a sudden there are 10-15 hairs on my hand)

My question is this: Has anyone else here experienced sudden hair loss due to creatine? If so, did your hair start to grow back after discontinued use? This question is asked many times in the above link, but no one answers.

Some background info....I have been taking Propecia and using Nioxin for 3 weeks and I've seen no results yet. Got off the creatine 2 weeks ago when I discovered the correlation.

Please help!!!

{When your post is edited by a Moderator don't re-edit to get the Mod's comments off of your post. Mod comments are left for a reason Ms_Mod}

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-19-2006 at 12:18 PM.

Old 02-19-2006, 08:39 AM   #2
(female)

Kathie T. HB User
Re: Sudden hair loss!! Creatine to blame?!?

I blame Nioxin for some of my hair problems. It was recomended to me by my hair dresser. I looked it up on the internet and found some reviews of women saying it made hair loss worse. I started using the whole system (not the vitamins) anyways. It smelled like pee. I lost more hair. Then stopped. Some hair came back. Then started again and lost more hair then ever before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
(female)

sangale HB User

What is creatine?
Don't use propecia or any other products. Use Biotin. I had hairloss most probably hormone related or due to my thyroid problem and I tried everything. What really seemed to work was biotin but only taking Biotin 5000 twice/day. This was recommended to me by a naturopathic oriented doctor and has been the only thing that work. It strengthened my hair and stopped fallout. I still have what I call my 'bald spot' in front, which is an area in center front that just seemed to disappear about 10 yrs ago, and hasn't grown back. This was right before menopause. I started also using progest cream which also seems to help. But the rest of my hair is very thick, so I can't figure out why that part of my hair doesn't grow back...........

Old 02-25-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
(male)

RJP HB User

Thank you very much for the replies.

Closed Thread