It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2006, 01:12 AM   #1
(female)

BeeBoyer HB User
Caudal epidural and rapid hair loss

Hello - I'm a newbie and not quite certain if I'm posting correctly. In Nov of 2005 I had a Caudal epidural and shortly thereafter started noticing my hair falling out all over. In the beginning it wasn't noticeable but now that the hair loss is continuing, my usually thick hair is rapidly becoming thin and very noticeable. There hasn't been any changes or new meds added to my regimen. The only medical change would be having that epidural which did give me some relief. Has anyone heard of anything like this? I'm not sure if an epidural for pain relief would have hair loss effects. If so, does the hair grow back as the steroids get out of the system? I'm due for another epidural but I wanted to see what other experiences were out there regarding this. I hope I'm not the only one that has had hair loss due to a caudal steroid epidural. I'm so concerned as normally I have a very much appreciated full/thick head of hair so I'm grasping at straws here trying to see what the problem could be. Thanks a BeeZillion! Bee

Closed Thread