It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #1
(male)

PhilTheDrill HB User
Question Hair loss or not?

First of all, I've worn my hair pretty long all around for the better part of high school and all throughout college, especially in the front. Earlier this summer, by chance, I noticed that the corners of my hairline looked higher than normal. The hair around it looked a little thin, but I didn't think anything of it. Plus, I've had a high hairline my whole life. Anyway, I got a pretty terrible, short haircut the other day, and now I can see the area that I think is losing hair a lot easier. There are very small patches on each side of my forehead that appear thinner than the rest of the hair around them.

This is starting to concern me because I've randomly shed hair for the better part of three years. I'll randomly have hair fall out from all over my head. I can run my hand through my head and a hair or two may come out. This really hasn't concerned me, because my hair has been just as thick as ever. Now that I see what could be a thinning area, I'm worried. The men on my mother's side of the family have a little bit of baldness in this area, nothing in the back. They didn't start really balding until their 30s, and I'm only 21. There is no baldness on my dad's side.

Anyway, should I be concerned about this? Should I go see a dermatologist? Could the shedding be a sign of balding or something else (I have a pretty poor diet, I'm in college)? Any advice would be great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

sabrina29 HB User
Re: Hair loss or not?

you may have common hair loss and that can be due to stress. how old are you? i have a lot of hair loss myself. much of it came from stress and due to the fact that i started menopause. i am 47..... if you are young then i suggest seeing someone to discuss the problem....there are many reasons for hair loss. its awful being a woman and having this problem....good luck to you

Closed Thread