It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2008, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

yogi24m HB User
nystatin/triamcinolone and hair loss on scalp????

Im a 24 year old male. I have had a receeding hair line and average thin hair for about 2 years now. About the middle of september i noticed i had a rash on my lower stomah, i went to the doctor about the middle of november and he said i had ezcima and gave me some nystatin/triamcinolone cream to get rid of the rash. It got rid of the rash but the last month or so i have been noticeing a thinning of my hair. It is very noticable from when i used to gel my hair at the end of october. I read that this cream will cause hair loss on the scalp, is this what caused my hair to thin so dramatically, can see right through my hair to my scalp in the light. Will the hair eventually grow back when it gets otta my system?

Old 02-03-2008, 11:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: nystatin/triamcinolone and hair loss on scalp????

I was just looking it up for you and I found that it's some type of steroidal cream. Steroids can cause hair loss (maybe even creams, too?), so it could very well be some of the cause. However, the receding hairline could just be hereditary. As for it growing back, it probably will after the medication leaves your system. The question of how long it stays in your system is something to ask a pharmacist, though.

Last edited by kittywitty; 02-03-2008 at 11:56 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread