It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2008, 09:43 PM   #1
(female)

pppp4444 HB User
Female: hair thinning at top of head at hairline? Birth control? Or hereditary?

I have hair thinning at the top of my head, near my hairline, and even one tiny (size of pencil eraser) bald patch! I think it is getting more thin!

My grandmother and aunt are balding in the crown of their head, it was in their 70's that it started. My dad has thinning that started at the crown of his head, about when he was mid 40's/

Is it hereditary? Or is it my birth control? I had been taking birth control for 7 years, and I have been trying to remember if that was time when I started thinning.

Does anyone suggest what birth control could not make hair fall out, OR what I can do if it is hereditary?

PS, I am mid 20's

Old 07-22-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Female: hair thinning at top of head at hairline? Birth control? Or hereditary?

There are many reasons for hair thinning unformly from all over the head or hair thinning in just one area which i believe is known as alopecia.

Early onset Alopecia or other forms of abnormal hair shedding can be brought on by something which is occuring internally and it can be due to birth control, hormonal imbalance, thyroid issues, low ferretin (iron stores), digestion issues due to lack of enzymes and many more things.

Until you get at least an iron test showing your ferretin level, a full hormonal test and a full thyroid test nobody on this board can 'guess' what is your particular cause of hair loss as it will vary from person to person.

Check out some of the other posts where people are asking the same question as you are and including the one i began titled "many reasons for hair loss".

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread