It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2009, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

Leraaa HB User
Red face switching/stopping BC/hair loss

Two months ago I switched from ortho tri cyclen lo, which i have been talking for about 4 years, to the generic tri low sprintec. This is the end of the second month for sprintec and this month I have noticed my hair falling out...more than I have ever seen before. So much is coming out that I am very concerned and freaking out. This is the last week of the pack and Im not taking the last weeks pills. Ive never had any side effects from ortho but sprintec gave me hair loss, major lower back pain and weight gain. My desire is to get off the pill PERIOD. I am so mortified I do not want to be on any pill anymore but I have heard there to be many side effects occuring after stopping birth control. Has anyone experienced hair loss? How long after stopping BC does hair loss stop? Does hair grow back? Should I completely stop or switch back to orth? I would appreciate any feedback or advice.
thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
(female)

glendy HB User
Re: switching/stopping BC/hair loss

Im experincing the same problem!!!!!! I started loseing hair 8 months ago quit the pill 4 months ago, and the sheeding won't stop. Im completly devasted!! it's affecting me so so bad, I had to drop out of my college classes this semester, I have lost over 50percent of my hair thickness and look like an old lady with alopecia. I cry almost every day and every stupid doctor says it not my hormones!! wdf i dont take anything but birtch control which I quit its driving me nuts I have long black straight hair and Im on the verge of buzzing it!!because its so thin it looks gross. Did your hair grow back please inform me if yourr got better I feel hopeless with my situation im only 24 and i cant belive its happening

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread