It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

snopea HB User
hair loss over the years

Hello!

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with any info on gradual hair loss. My hair has been thinning on the top since ive been 25 years old. I am now 39. My hair seems kind of thin all over. My sisters and mom have way thicker hair. I mentioned it to my Dr. and she says it's from aging. I'm wondering if there is something i'm lacking in my diet. I dont' get enough protein in my diet....could this be it???? I don't know...I've tried serums for the hair and it doesnt seem to work. My hair isn't dry....my hairdresser always tells me haow healthy it looks but it's thin. PLEASE HELP me with ideas or suggestions

Thanks so much

Old 12-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

luvmyfamilyof4 HB User
Re: hair loss over the years

My hubby has the same problem. He started using the nulockz (with a z) kit plus the instant hair fibers you sprinkle on. You would never know he is balding. This stuff is the most amazing thing I've seen. I would recommend the kit with the trial size of the instant fibers. This way while your hair is growing, you can get instant results too. They also sent us tips for hair growth, what labs and supplements people are usually lacking when hair falls out. This site was much more helpful than anything we've tried for DH He is a happy man now and confidence much better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2009, 11:03 AM   #3
(female)

snopea HB User

Thanks for your response! I looked online and check the nulockz out and it sounds like it has good feedback. Is this something your husband and to keep using for ever...like the drops everyday? How long did he notice results?

Old 12-27-2009, 01:35 PM   #4
(male)

WasFatNoMore HB UserWasFatNoMore HB User

For a woman I would suggest a complete medical work up, especially hormone levels. I would also see your gynecologist. A growth on your ovaries could cause hormonal problems that could affect your hair. In addition I would see a dermatologist to make sure their isn't some scalp condition that is causing problems. And ask the dermatologist about Rogaine. Has he had any patients that have been successful using that?

That being said it could just be genetics (remember we are half dad as well as half mom). Good luck to you.

Last edited by WasFatNoMore; 12-27-2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: typing

Old 12-27-2009, 03:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

In addition to the regular blood work and hormone testing, ask for a c-peptide test, to test specifically for insulin resistance, a pre-diabetic condition in which hair loss in females is common.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:39 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

luvmyfamilyof4 HB User

To answer your question, the nulockz iodine and emu oil I don't think needs to be used longer than a couple of months, but the cleanser and conditioner and hair fibers my hubby continues to use because he likes the way it looks. It's pretty amazing!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

luvmyfamilyof4 HB User

I think you only need to use the nulockz iodine and emu oil a couple of months, then just get the refill on the cleanser, conditioner, and hair fibers if you are more bald in certain areas.

Closed Thread