It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2010, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

Sticky Deb HB User
Unhappy Menopause, sitcky skin and hair loss

I just left my dermatologists office for skin and hair related issues and she told me that I am menopausal. She says she believes that my skin and hair problems may be due to menopause. Are these symptoms seen in menopause?

I have very sticky skin. It started about eight months ago with just my hands and feet being sticky after washing, but has grown progressively worse. It has spread over my entire body and I am now sticky all of the time. My hands and feet are by far the worst. Now there is a sticky, shiny film on my hands. When I shower it takes a good 20 minutes to be dry enough to dress, although I am still sticky.

Also my skin does not absorb anything. I no longer use mosturizer because it just sits on top of the skin and makes it even more sticky. It's the same with deoderant. I use very little and it takes about 20 minutes for it to dry enough to dress.

My skin also feels raw, like the nerves are exposed. It's just a burning itching feeling, of course worse on the hands and feet.

And lastly, my hair is having the same effect. It will not absorb the conditioner and is very dry. It falls out when I wash it, not clumps bur quite a bit. I am not sure if it is falling out or breaking off. But the hair has thinned and there are all of these short crazy hairs all over.

I just need to make this stickiness go away whatever the cause. I hope someone can help. I don't know how much longer I can deal with this before I go nuts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

braveheart226 HB User
Re: Menopause, sitcky skin and hair loss

I googled "sticky skin" and something came up about this symptom being related to being diabetic. I can't swear for that information but my advice would be, go to your
internist and get some blood work done. Good luck!!

Old 05-31-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Menopause, sitcky skin and hair loss

Or it could be your thyroid.Oily,sticky skin,hair loss and itching are signs of being Hyperthyroid.Thyroid issues usually effect women who are around menopause age.

Closed Thread