It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2010, 03:17 AM   #1
(male)

dhaval HB User
hair loss

im 25 year old guy with very hairy body and bald on head...
i have been facing hair loss from last 2-3 years, and now i keep my hair very short about 2/3mm and because of that now i look bald...
1 major reason i thought because of my odd schedule and food habit but i want my hair back now, is it possible to get them back i mean i can grow them back?
wht medication i can use?
also if i stop taking medicine after some time what will happen to my hair, i will loose them again??

Last edited by ms_mod; 08-06-2010 at 04:41 AM.

Old 08-20-2010, 06:54 AM   #2
(female)

sunkissed89 HB User
Re: hair loss

hello! i know of a product that might help you in your hair loss. its kind of expensive, but it works very well. if you go into a hair salon in your area and ask a professional stylist about "Nioxin", that will be the best thing without spending hundreds of dollars on having a doctor help you. Use the shampoo, conditioner and the scalp treatment. you can also take the vitamin that is also in the Nioxin line. I know that there is a small starter kit. You wont see improvement with the first try, but with a short period of time, you will notice a difference for sure! The Nioxin products have helped patients after they've went thru chemo treatments, so it might be able to help you. If that doesnt help, then the thinning hair might just be a something that runs in your family. Also, keep in mind that anything you put in your body (food, medicines, vitamins) also comes out thru your hair, nails and skin. But i would highly recommend trying the Nioxin products. Even though they are kind of expensive, they DO work! Hope that helps a little bit

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2010, 07:05 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

dhaval,

I had to stop by and see what suggestions you received, because I also have hair loss problems. Mine are due to illness, but when I read sunkissed's post, I am going to look into this product too. (thanks sunkissed)

I agree with her about the possibility of genetics...male pattern baldness is something so many men live with. What do your male relatives have as far as hair?

One more important item I want to share with you dhaval, we know how scary it can be for men to see that hair thinning, but please know that we women have no problem with it...but how your feel about it is most important. If you can't find a solution, accepting that about yourself is so important. In the big picture, hair is not a measure of anything about you, just a little fuzzy covering for your beautiful head.

Best wishes.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #4
(male)

Stoler99 HB User

The only guaranteed thing to regrow your hair is a hair transplant.
The FUE hair transplants are the best, because you dont get any scars from the donor hair.
You can try in the mean time Rogain and Propecia capsules and see how that works. Propecia you got to get prescribed from a Derm.
There's also a minoxidil product with Retin A that Dr Lee makes.
Minoxidil is the main ingredient in Rogain.
Some doctors say the Retin A helps assorb the minoxidil better, then just using minoxidil alone.

Closed Thread