It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2002, 07:45 AM   #1

MAGGIEMC HB User
Question Hair Loss from Aspirin/Tylenol?

I have been suffering with TMJ for over 7 years. I was just recently given Vioxx for the pain. I have noticed in the last few weeks that I am losing hair like crazy. I have been to the doctor and all of my blood tests came back fine. I am waiting to get into the dermatologists office. I am just wondering if all of the aspirin I have been taking for so long is what it causing hy hair loss. I have read on the internet that blood thinners can do that. Has anyone experienced this? How can this be corrected? Please Help. Thanks

Old 08-03-2002, 11:20 AM   #2

MAGGIEMC HB User
Thanks, No I have stopped taking the aspirin. Thanks for your concern.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2002, 12:30 PM   #3

jane2 HB User
I have not heard anything about hairloss, but all these drugs to seem to mess with my hormones. That can effect your hair. I am shedding all over the house, but my hair is still very thick. Given the amount of hair I sweep up every day I should be bald. But my hair is very thick. Like some Stephen King story. Do you find you have less hair or just shed more. That seems to be my problem.

I don't know how old your are, but my hair started changing in my 30's. Now in my 40's it is changing again. The texture got coarser. Perhaps that is why I can shed so much and it still seems so thick. Another friend says her's is thinning and she is in her 40's and on very little medication. Women's hair thickness changes dramatically as you age.

My Gyn said Vioxx could effect my menstrual cycle. It must effect hormones, which effects your hair. Is the vioxx helping a lot? I didn't find it did that much. Do you think you could go off it for a while and see if your hair comes back?

Leg pain (l5, L4) - probably spine related

Migraines

MS Contin, Valium, Neurontin and Soma

Closed Thread