It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2011, 10:58 AM   #1
(male)

jonno HB User
(Paranoid?)

Okay, I have OCD, so this might be the contributing factor in my worries. However, I do have seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp, according to my doctor, which causes my scalp to be red/inflamed. My hair is also very blonde.

Anyway, I'm very, very worried about hair loss, and due to my OCD, I go through phases of checking my hair non-stop, and posting on various hair loss forums for them to check. Practically everyone in these forums have told me that my hair is fine, and that sometimes in pictures when you can see a bit more of my scalp, it's because my hair has a natural part in, and my scalp is red, so the scalp stands out against the hair. This calmed me down for about two weeks, then my cousin made an off hand comment to me saying that it looked like I was losing my hair (I was sat underneath a light when he said it), and he pointed out the part that has been bothering me... so now I'm worried again.

I might be being a bit of a hypercondriac... but I'm very worried about hair loss, as I'm only 20.

I've got an appointment booked for this Friday at my GP/Doctors about my seborrheic dermatitis, so I might mention my hair while I'm there - would they be able to tell?

Last edited by jonno; 06-20-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Old 01-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #2
(female)

caryopteris HB User
Re: (Paranoid?)

Instead of just letting a dermatologist give you something topical and sending you out the door none the wiser, get tested for Celiac disease. If you have it and go on a gluten-free diet, your anxiety may go away completely as it can be a symptom of Celiac disease. Get tested for iron deficiency and vitamin D deficiency. Consider a trial of zinc gluconate. Start a probiotic. Remember that digestive health is closely tied to skin and hair and nutrition.

For the seborrheic dermatitis, you can use Nizoral shampoo. Use Neutrogena Clean shampoo (green for normal to oily and pink for dry or colored). Avoid conditioners if you can. You can use a cool vinegar rinse on your hair, especially if your scalp tends to be oily, but don't do it when you are using the Nizoral.

Take vitamin D 2000 IU.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread