It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
(male)

ace222 HB User
Dime sized bald spot in 20's? w/ pic

Ive had this for quite a few years, and i do not know why. For awhile i obsess about it then i brush it off and forget it about it. Its a small thin area of my VERY thick head of hair. As a child i had the most vast mullet kinda thing haha. The only information i can give is i had a build up years about where i wouldnt be washing my hair very well so i was on this shampoo for abit where it would just breakup alot of layered build up. But now in my 20's I still see a pretty big spot and it annoys me. I find myself walking around looking at the top of other peoples heads to compare. I havent found one like it. I also was an advacat of wearing hats when i went out up until i was in highschool. Another thing i thought it could be is a cowlick as my hair is very wavy as well, but cowlicks arent that vast of a space. and it doesnt seem to have one direct motion to it. Could it be alopecia or whatever? I just tried calling the dermo to make an appointment. Ive had many people in the past years take a look and cant explain it but no doctors. No people really point it out to me when im out in public or with my friends just as its probably not proper etiquette.

PS: I am not a stressed person. I take care of my hair very well, keeping it hydrated, wide tooth combing, Take biotin every day.

Meds i take: Concerta 76mg for Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)

Please help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (96.1 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by ace222; 11-11-2011 at 04:25 PM.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:42 PM   #2
(male)

ace222 HB User
Re: Dime sized bald spot in 20's?

Oh wow i just read that drugs containing the active drug in ADD medicines have side effects for hair loss? but ive been taking this drug for many years now. just to indicate that

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread