It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 06:54 PM   #1
(male)

RSoxfan HB User
Thinning hair?

I'm a 36 year old male and I think my hair looks thinner in the front. I run the fine part of the comb near my hair line and notice no hair falling out. I keep running the fine part of the comb through my hair, and don't see hair in the comb or on the sink. Once in a while I see one hair in the comb. I don't see several hairs. I'm confused? Is this just paranoia? I was going to see a doctor to test my DHT levels. Any ideas? My dad is bald and started to lose his hair in his mid 30's. Both of my grand fathers and my mothers three brothers have or had full heads of hair. My father is an only child. Any ideas?

Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #2
(male)

murrayp HB User
Re: Thinning hair?

if your dad is bald u better be caution.....im also with the same problem thinning on front but i'm going the natural way...using natural supplements....if it gets worst i'll go with minoxidil.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 02:26 PM   #3
(male)

RSoxfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayp View Post
if your dad is bald u better be caution.....im also with the same problem thinning on front but i'm going the natural way...using natural supplements....if it gets worst i'll go with minoxidil.
When it started to thin out for you did you notice hair in your comb?

Old 03-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
(male)

murrayp HB User

yes....but also my hair is really curly so its different...i mean there is always hair in my comb :X
but at first i was with a "whatever" attitude until my own dad told me one time when i trimmed my hair that i was going bald.....SO i started taking natural supplements....right now my hair is really long so i have no idea how well it's working. Do u have any pictures?

Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #5
(male)

RSoxfan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayp View Post
yes....but also my hair is really curly so its different...i mean there is always hair in my comb :X
but at first i was with a "whatever" attitude until my own dad told me one time when i trimmed my hair that i was going bald.....SO i started taking natural supplements....right now my hair is really long so i have no idea how well it's working. Do u have any pictures?

When I brush my hair with the fine part of the comb near my temple, I don't have any hair in the comb. My hair doesn't look as thick as it used too. I just went through a divorce last year, and I'm dealing with alot of stress still from it. I also miss my son when he is my ex-wife. I'm afraid of losing my job, and I am a supervisor where I work. I'm also dealing with the possibility of having to support my parents cause my dad is losing his job in August, so you can see I'm dealing with alot of stress and some depression. I have an appointment on Monday with my dermatologist to test my DHT levels. If I am going bald then I will probably make a visit to Bosley Medical Hair Resoration. I don't want to have to deal with foames and drugs to keep my hair for the rest of my life. If I'm not a candidate for hair transplantation then I will probably take propecia. I refuse to go bald.

Closed Thread