It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

NinNin HB User
Question Hair Loss on Legs

Hi I am a 26yr old female I am in the midst of getting some auto-immune disorders diagnosed but I am not getting much help from the doctors on this front! I recently noticed that I had a significant amount of hair loss on my head but no bald spots this has happened once before! But furtehr the humililiation one symptom I may have been covering up for some time by shaving! Is hairloss of my legs.. The front of my upper legs are almost completely bare. On the lower leg I had round bald patches that even wtih nearly 3 weeks worth of hair growth the bald spots are still there! Now I know some hairloss can be normal but these seems to be a little bit more then a little the areas of hair loss are not in areas where they would be rubbed like the shins. Actually my shins are probably the hairiest thickest spot on my legs Any ideas on what is normal what is not? I have tried looking for answers on line but you just here the same info over and over again! thyroid which mine gets checked a lot and is always normal but hyperthyroidism appears to run in my family and at older ages. However I am having weight gaining issues not weight loss so would love to hear anyone's own experiences! thanks

Old 03-08-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
(male)

RSoxfan HB User
Re: Hair Loss on Legs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinNin View Post
Hi I am a 26yr old female I am in the midst of getting some auto-immune disorders diagnosed but I am not getting much help from the doctors on this front! I recently noticed that I had a significant amount of hair loss on my head but no bald spots this has happened once before! But furtehr the humililiation one symptom I may have been covering up for some time by shaving! Is hairloss of my legs.. The front of my upper legs are almost completely bare. On the lower leg I had round bald patches that even wtih nearly 3 weeks worth of hair growth the bald spots are still there! Now I know some hairloss can be normal but these seems to be a little bit more then a little the areas of hair loss are not in areas where they would be rubbed like the shins. Actually my shins are probably the hairiest thickest spot on my legs Any ideas on what is normal what is not? I have tried looking for answers on line but you just here the same info over and over again! thyroid which mine gets checked a lot and is always normal but hyperthyroidism appears to run in my family and at older ages. However I am having weight gaining issues not weight loss so would love to hear anyone's own experiences! thanks
Please don't take this the wrong way, but why would you want hair in your legs? Your a women.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2012, 04:40 PM   #3
(female)

NinNin HB User

Its not the fact that it's less hair to shave off...lol It's the fact that I have undiagnosed auto-immune issues. One of those possible undiagnosed issues one of them being lupus or thyroid issues can cause hair loss. I've always shaved I have always had to! So I never really paid attention and now I don't know what normal hair loss is compared to abnormal hair loss due to a sickness. So I'm interested in knowing what is normal and what is not to see if it is worth bringing up to my doctor. I have early onset lupus which means they think I will develop it so if I have hair loss it could mean that I am running into a flare. But if you go ask about it in a lupus group you only get to hear from people who have lupus with hair loss and I want a more unbiased opinion does that make sense? men...lol (no offense)

Old 03-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
(male)

RSoxfan HB User

Quote:
Its not the fact that it's less hair to shave off...lol It's the fact that I have undiagnosed auto-immune issues. One of those possible undiagnosed issues one of them being lupus or thyroid issues can cause hair loss. I've always shaved I have always had to! So I never really paid attention and now I don't know what normal hair loss is compared to abnormal hair loss due to a sickness. So I'm interested in knowing what is normal and what is not to see if it is worth bringing up to my doctor. I have early onset lupus which means they think I will develop it so if I have hair loss it could mean that I am running into a flare. But if you go ask about it in a lupus group you only get to hear from people who have lupus with hair loss and I want a more unbiased opinion does that make sense? men...lol (no offense)
It makes sense lol. I'm not offended.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
(female)

NinNin HB User

Okay good neither am I ...lol Do you suffer from hair loss to? Do you know what reason it is that you suffer hairloss if you do?

Old 03-08-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
(male)

RSoxfan HB User

Quote:
Okay good neither am I ...lol Do you suffer from hair loss to? Do you know what reason it is that you suffer hairloss if you do?
I noticed that my hair looks thinner, but when I run a comb through it no hair falls out. I have black hair, and I'm fair skinned. I know that hair thins out with age. I'm 36. My dad is bald, so I'm going to get tested to see if my DHT levels are up. Both grand fathers had hair and there is no baldness at all on my moms side of the family. My dad is an only child. I've been under a lot of stress the last couple of years due to a divorce and depression from it. I also miss my son terribly when he is with my ex. I'm not really sure what's causing my hair to thin out? Could be male pattern baldness, but I guess I will find out when I see my doctor on Monday.

Last edited by RSoxfan; 03-08-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Closed Thread