It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
(female)

peace208 HB User
Unhappy my boyfriend is worried about hairloss

Hi! well, im having a problem... a few years ago my boyfriend (29) saw he was losing hair. since then he constantly wears a hat. now... i lovehim and reallly dont mind the hat but its gotten to a point where he will not go to special events like family dinners, weddings, graduations, etc. because he doesnt want to take this hat off. now, normally i wouldnt mind him wearing his hat... but the problem i feel, is growing... his baldness isnt bad... ive seen him without this hat and he has hair, just some parts are thinning but thats it. please help me. this is getting out of control because i feel he's shutting himself from the world because of this.

i do not want to break up. we have talked about marriage and are currently in the process of moving in together. i want to make it clear... i dont care about his baldness (or lack there of), he's an amazing human beign and im crazy about him. i would marry him in a flash if he didnt have one hair on his head! this is not a matter of how he looks... this is a matter of what i can do to help him...

please... i need some help, and i thought someone who's going through the same might give me some advice as to what i can do to help.

thanks!

Old 05-16-2012, 11:51 AM   #2
(male)

superscott HB User
Re: my boyfriend is worried about hairloss

Does your Boyfriend live in the UK?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 09:13 PM   #3
(male)

RSoxfan HB User

Has he tried propecia to stop his hair loss? He may even regrow some of what he has lost.

Old 05-23-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
(male)

gonzo274 HB User

Most men will deal with hair loss. Tell him what you told us in your letter. Point out all the famous bald people that don't seem to have a problem with it. Many of us are not crazy about the hair loss but realize it is not the end of the world for us.
There is always hair transplantation as well. Expensive but it solves the perceived problem. I say perceived because that's how some men look at it. No one cares that you're balding. Tell him to take the hat off, stand up straight, look everyone straight in the eye and be proud of who he is so you remain loving him.
And hey, remind him that there's a host of much more serious problems to have like loss of health, disfigurement, paralysis - need I continue?
Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) of Star Trek - The Next Generation was considered one of the sexiest men alive while that show ran and no one is balder. It's who you are and how you present yourself

Closed Thread