It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2012, 07:46 PM   #1
(female)

melisandboo HB User
Unhappy I need someone to relate to :(

im 27 years old and for about a year my hair has been falling out but the last few months have been the worst...When it does come out the little white bulb is still attached so its not breaking...i went to a endocrinologist and has so much blood work my thyroid and all blood work was pretty much normal except she said my ferritin was low.. it was 22 and she said it should be in the 70's and she thinks thats why my hair falls out...i work in the medical field and a lot of doctors and nurses say no it wouldnt do that, then some say yes...can anyone please give me advice or tell me there story and what to do

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
(female)

LadyD06 HB User
Re: I need someone to relate to :(

I'm in the same boat as you!! I'm 24 used to have thick curly hair now its like half of what it was. and I found a bald patch size of my middle finger fingerprint. i'm frustrated as well I have not had any blood work yet, but I am going to the doc saturday to see what she has to say.
Do you have any other medical issues?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
(female)

beautykare HB User

hi there,
well there could be hundred many reasons for sudden hair loss. Stress, no proper diet, eating too much processed food, junk food, fizzy drinks, lack of sleep, etc. but these are the few common causes of hair loss. so basically try to eat a balanced diet and see r u really taking all the vegs, fresh fruits and home made food or not? then comes what treatment you have taken so far for your hair? did u ever go for hair protein treatments etc...?? at home you can oil your hair, like almond oil is best known for hair gain and gives strenght to your hair, so warm some almond oil and gently massage it on your scalp for 10 minutes then wrap your head with a warm towel and leave it on for 15-20 minutes, wash your hair with some mild shampoo you can also condition your hair if you do. do this twice a month and you will feel the difference.
also dont stick to only one shampoo all the time, keep on changing your shampoos, do not wash your hair very often and unnecessarily, as this removes all the moisture from your hair and make them britle, dull and dry and then they can break off easily. hope these few tips might help you.

Last edited by beautykare; 09-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.

Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
(female)

melisandboo HB User

i have many for being so young....ive gotten so much blood work done and everything was negative...because they were also seeing if i had pcos and blood was fine...but ive had ultra sounds and they said they were somewhat abnormal which could be related to pcos...so i need to find a new gyni....i also get many heart palpations but have had it checked out many times....let me know what the doctor says...im going to see a dermatologist end of october so hopefully that will give me answers

Old 09-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #5
(female)

melisandboo HB User

thank you...i do eat absolutely horrible...i was afraid to get any kind of treatments with any chemicals in it that might make even more fall out...i sleep alot...do you have any suggestions for good shampoo i have been using anything that is sulfate free

Old 09-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #6
(female)

LadyD06 HB User

I have palpitations too! O it's so frustrating. Doc just gave cream for the spot but she said basically it will grow back... She did blood work so I have to see what that says hopefully by mon OCT. 1st. I'll let u guys know.
And I don't think sulfate shampoo question is for me but I was using loreal ever sleek. Idk what type of hair u have but j have thick(ish) curly hair and it was horrible on my hair dried it out!!! I thought all i needed was a hair cut, so I got a trim and my hairdresser said my hair is very dry. So I started using violate exquisite oil and in the first use my hair is 200x softer smoother and frizz free and detangles so much better. Hopefully that will help with not losing so much hair. Also u should shampoo like when u really need it I also have been doing research on hair care and they say u can condition wash your hair instead of shampoo and cond. Just condition. But again i have curly hair...Hope i helped a little
I'll let u know what my blood says mon

Old 09-29-2012, 10:36 PM   #7
(female)

LadyD06 HB User
Post Re: I need someone to relate to :(

Sorry I have the IPhone and it auto corrects. J means 'I'. And violate means BIOLAGE brand lol

Old 10-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #8
(female)

LadyD06 HB User

Blood results: mchc- low, neutrophils- low, monocytes- high. And they are only off by like 1 to 1.5 points. Doesn't say much but there maybe infection or I might have leukemia early stages? But I don't think so, well hope not. How are u guys doing??

Reply Reply