It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Loss / Alopecia Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2012, 12:23 PM   #1
(male)

lookslost HB User
I'm balding and have acne. Need other people like me to talk to.

Hello. I’m almost 22-year old male, but I’ve lost one of the most important things, especially for my age – the looks. I have been balding since I was 17, but not only this, I also have acne. A rare combination, isn’t it? Actually, I’ve seen a small number of people my age that have some form of acne or that are losing their hair, but I’ve never seen anyone in my whole life that has BOTH problems at the same time. In my opinion people like me are probably around only 0.5 percent of the world population. So I’m a minority. Not ethnic, racial, religious etc., but a minority of the ugly balding people with acne.

<removed picture>

So I’m almost completely sure I’ll be alone for the rest of my life unless a miracle happens.

I know that I will be depressed for a long period - at least until I reach 30 or 35 when one of my problems, baldness, is more acceptable. I was using Minoxidil for almost a year now, but it’s not helping me - I’m still losing my hair and will stop it soon. I know about Propecia, but it’s expensive for me and I can’t afford to take it for years. Plus I’ve heard it has side effects and still there is no guarantee it will work. I will be getting a laser treatment for the acne soon and that’s my last hope for some kind of improvement in my appearance.

I think what I said about my looks is enough for now. I’m posting this hoping to find a person with the same problems to talk to. Please don’t tell me that looks don’t matter, please don’t tell me that personality is most important, please don’t tell me that I can compensate those physical disadvantages with confidence and please don’t tell me that beauty is subjective. It may be, but acne combined with premature balding is something that almost everyone would consider ugly.

All I’m looking for is a person in the same boat. If ANYONE between 18 and 25 who is BOTH balding AND have acne is reading this please reply.

I desperately need someone with the same disadvantages to talk to.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-20-2012 at 01:08 PM. Reason: disallowed info/message

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
(male)

superscott HB User
Re: I'm balding and have acne. Need other people like me to talk to.

Hello

I had acne on my face & arms and my hair started to thin. But one of my friends emailed me a link to check out at that time I thought its just nothing, but when you are in a position when you can't afford something, may it be you're not sure it will work so I thought why not give it a try.

So I got a face mask, thats right and it was for both men & women. Got it next day and applied the face mask for 20mins and it was like the top layer of skin just washed and left with baby skin! so I ordered another and tried it again and my acne was like I had none. I started to apply it on my arms and its clean now.

I asked one of the advisors if its like a treatment and it is for really bad spots, acne, blackheads. But thank god I got my cured it 2 masks.

So this way I trusted that the product works and got a thin hair tonic which I applied twice a week and my hair stopped falling, looks healthy and is stronger than before.

I have to say, sometimes products/treatments dont have to be expensive to work. When you can think that a £100 product will work then why not a £5 one? and so what if you spent a total of £15 on your problems?

If you look good, you feel good. Check it out jupiter beauty

Old 11-25-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
(female)

jaagoda HB User
Re: I'm balding and have acne. Need other people like me to talk to.

Hi.

I'm not sure if that's any consolation to you but there are many bold men out there who are considered very attractive. Also, there are treatments available, although some can be quite expensive(i.e. a hair transplant).

As for acne, again, I'm not sure what treatments you have looked into, apart from that laser therapy you are scheduled to receive. Do you currently have active break-outs or are we just talking about acne scars at this point? In both cases, it'd be best to see a dermatologist. With the right treatment, acne has a good chance of going away for good. Same with blemishes and scars.

Looks do matter(to most of us at least). But looks matter a lot more to those who derive their whole self-worth and self-esteem from them. You will stay depressed until the day you decide to address the way you feel about yourself.

Chronic conditions like acne are difficult to deal with. We want our former self back and instead, we need to adjust to a new self. As cliche as this may sound, a lot in life has to do with letting go and accepting reality. With that, I encourage you to not give up, and treat your acne and alopecia(with the help of professionals, I hope). Less acne, more happy. I get it. Bear in mind though that neither acne nor alopecia make you who you are. If you are able to see past somebody else's imperfections, then I'm sure somebody will be able to see past yours.

Last edited by jaagoda; 11-25-2012 at 04:37 PM.

Reply Reply