It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 05:55 PM   #1

jonflair HB User
scabs keep showing up on scalp

I have a full head of hair. But I go through my head picking and there are random scabs throughout my head that won't seem to go away. I always pick them off, by habit. But I wonder what this may be from?

The following user gives a hug of support to jonflair:
tamekanchris (08-16-2011)
Old 12-08-2003, 07:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntchilada HB User
Re: scabs keep showing up on scalp

Do you scratch your head a lot? Or maybe it could be from having a scalp that is dry. I find them sometimes on my head also, but I know mine is from dandruff.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

DemiDee HB User
Unhappy Re: scabs keep showing up on scalp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonflair
I have a full head of hair. But I go through my head picking and there are random scabs throughout my head that won't seem to go away. I always pick them off, by habit. But I wonder what this may be from?
I have had this too - for many years now! It is not dandruff...they are actual scabs, all over my scalp. Fortunately, I have a full head of thick hair, but unfortunately, I am a picker. Even when I leave them alone, they just appear everywhere. Could it be anything to do with my vegetarian diet? I dont have this problem on any other part of my body, although for the past three years, I have been getting flakes and scabs in my ears and on the back of my neck too. I sympathise with you jonflair! Nobody seems to have an answer as to what this is!

The Following User Says Thank You to DemiDee For This Useful Post:
jmy73 (11-15-2011)
Old 08-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

chubbychunks HB User

Hi there the scabs could be psoriosis(sp?) i had it as a child.. they are like lumps or something .. {removed} .. and see if the symptons are comparable to what you are experiences

ChubbyChunks

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 08-04-2005 at 09:41 AM. Reason: No how tos for searches. Read posting rules.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #5
(female)

Dancingurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonflair View Post

i really need help too. It started in middle school with me just rubbing my head and picking at what i thought was build up or some dandruff but that made scabs and sores and now im just constantly pickking at them. im going crazy and now im at the point where i NEED to do something

Closed Thread