It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #1

DDJ HB User
Smelly hair....

I don't know if my hair is greasy or what but my hair really smells. I shower at night every night and i shampoo and condition it every time, and I am a guy, so my hair is short.

Why does it smell so bad?

Anyone else have this problem? What did you do about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 08:25 AM   #2

Mrs Gee HB User
Re: Smelly hair....

Has anyone ever told you it smells? Maybe it doesn't to other people. At a guess I would say it could be garlic and onions. If I eat garlic I can really smell it the next day whilst in the shower. Does your pillow smell? Maybe you need a new pillow.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-07-2004, 09:23 AM   #3

DDJ HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Gee
Has anyone ever told you it smells? Maybe it doesn't to other people. At a guess I would say it could be garlic and onions. If I eat garlic I can really smell it the next day whilst in the shower. Does your pillow smell? Maybe you need a new pillow.
Yeah I sorted it. I am bathing in the mornings now instead of night.

Old 02-20-2005, 12:54 AM   #4
(female)

blondeinIL HB User

my daughter who is 8, seems to have this problem all the time.. its drving me nuts because we wash her hair all the time to no avail... if anyone has a suggestion please help.. I looked on one website and it said that it is a "fungus" causing the problem, but it did not say what or which fungus it is.. please help...

Old 02-27-2005, 01:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondeinIL
my daughter who is 8, seems to have this problem all the time.. its drving me nuts because we wash her hair all the time to no avail... if anyone has a suggestion please help.. I looked on one website and it said that it is a "fungus" causing the problem, but it did not say what or which fungus it is.. please help...
Do you let her hair airdry or do you dry it with a hairdryer? I find that when I let my hair airdry, it often times will smell--almost as if mildew has formed within a few hours. Blowdrying or shaking my head around outside while it's sunny and warm prevents this, though.

Old 02-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

It could also have to do with the shampoo you're using.

As well, make sure your pillowcase is changed regularly.

Washing it during the day will definitely help.....it will start to get "head odour" throughout the day...but at least it's not offensive to you.

My husband gets it (short hair and bald on top), but he does produce lots of oil. I kept changing his shampoos and found that Redken Clear Moisture doesn't encourage the odour or make it worse. Seems OK so far.

Just a few suggestions....but firstly, it could very well be your shampoo.

quincy

Old 03-01-2005, 02:09 AM   #7
(female)

Cherry_Pie HB User

what is your age?

Closed Thread