It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2004, 02:35 PM   #1

LilMsBad HB User
Hair growth Vitamins

I take 0.300mg of biotin daily, 15mg zinc daily, 3 drops of vitamin e oil daily, and an A-Z multivitamins and minerals daily. will all of these increase the rate of my hair growth? by the way, whats the difference between mg and mcg? i heard that you should take around 3500mcg of biotion daily, and i take 0.300mg. now is that the same amount? i cant seem to compare the units used!! PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!

Old 06-02-2004, 08:08 AM   #2

LilMsBad HB User
Re: Hair growth Vitamins

I Just Wanted To Correct Myself: I Take 0.45mg Of Biotin Daily. So Is That Roughly The Same Amount As 3500mcg? Please....doesnt Anyone Here Know Difference The Units Make (mcg And Mg....whats The Difference? Is It That 1mg = 1000mcg?)
Please Help!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2004, 12:35 PM   #3
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

Take 2000mcg of Biotin daily and not more. I take a prenatal daily and Silica from GNC at 11mg per pill and I take 2. This has made my hair grow fast and less shedding. I also use a temp color on my hair to make it feel thicker.

Old 06-06-2004, 05:21 AM   #4

LilMsBad HB User
Question Re: Hair growth Vitamins

[COLOR=Black]Uhm....OK. I was actually told that I shouldn't take more than 5000mcg of biotin daily, not 2000mcg.
how much silicia do you take daily? I thought last time you wrote a post saying how you take 22mg?
Do you think that all the things I'm taking right now will make my hair grow faster?

Last edited by LilMsBad; 06-06-2004 at 05:22 AM.

Old 06-06-2004, 02:09 PM   #5

BrianneA9 HB User
Wink Re: Hair growth Vitamins

I take 22mg of Silica which I bought at GNC. Silica is supposed to make hair stronger and shinier. I also currently take 4000mcg of biotin. To experience faster hair growth, it is recommended that you take between 3mg and 5mg per day (which is 3000mcg to 5000mcg). Another vitamin for healthy hair is MSM (which is usually used for joint pain). MSM decreases shedding, lengthening the amount of time the hair remains on your head, therefore enabling you to grow your hair longer. To keep hair nourished, you can take a supplement containing the essential fatty acids (omega 3, 6, and 9).

Keep in mind it takes most people 2 to 6 weeks to notice results using vitamins, depending on how nutrient deficient you are and whether or not you have been sick. You will notice new growth in your nails and leg hairs before you notice new growth on your head.

Always remember, though, that for hair growth it is important for you to have a healthy diet. Your hair can only be healthy and grow long faster if the rest of you is healthy because your body will distribute the nutrients to the parts of your body that need them the most. This means that your hair is the last thing to receive the nutrients. Consume high amounts of protein, especially protein from plants (like soy) because plant protein is easier for our bodies to use. Remember that hair is, after all, protein.

Also consider buying some olive oil/jojoba oil and rosemary essential oil. Use about 1/4 cup olive or jojoba oil and mix it with a few drops of rosemary essential oil. Then heat it up in the microwave and apply it to your scalp and give yourself a scalp massage. The rosemary is an essential oil which increases circulation. Do this every time before you have a shower to stimulate the hair folicles and encourage new growth.

Hope this helps

Last edited by BrianneA9; 06-06-2004 at 02:16 PM.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 AM   #6

bestbetbargains HB User

Question to the follow-up from Brianne09:

I too have heard about the oil/rosemary scalp rub, HOWEVER, I have extremely oily scalp. I too foil/color my hair for the appearance of thickness and to cut down on the scalp oil. So would the olive/jojoba applied to my scalp make my condition worse?

Also, I've heard so many conflicting advice regarding washing oily hair? Better to wash every day or every other?

Thanks for the vitamin info, I just got off a website that wanted 59.95 for "secret" herbal vitamins for healthy scalp and thicker hair!

Old 06-09-2004, 05:41 AM   #7

BrianneA9 HB User

bestbetbargains:

I used to have oily hair as well. I did not notice my hair getting any oilier when using the jojoba/olive oil mixed with Rosemary, as long as you shampoo your scalp after you use it. I suggest leaving the oil on your scalp overnight, and then shampoo it out in the morning. The rosemary essential oil actually regulates the amount of natural oil that your scalp produces! So after awhile of using it, you may find that your hair won't be as oily between washings.

I don't think it's necessary to wash your hair every day, here's why:

I used to wash my hair every day, because my hair was very oily. Then I did some reading on the internet and found out that shampoo will make your hair oily, because some of the chemicals in shampoo irritate the scalp. As a result, you produce more sebum (oil) in order to protect the sensitive skin on your scalp from these chemicals. Once I learned this, I gradually started waiting longer between shampoos. For about a month, I washed every other day. Then I started to increase the amount of time between, until now, where I can go up to a whole week without washing my hair, and it doesn't look greasy at all! If you find that your hair does get oily between washes, use a tiny bit of baby powder or corn starch and apply it to the roots only.

Keep in mind that I have also gotten rid of those awful shampoos which irritate the scalp. J/A/S/O/N natural shampoos are the best, or Nature's Gate shampoos. When you look for shampoos, look for something without Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, and preferrably without Sodium Laureth Sulfate (although this one is gentler than the previous one). Sulfates are what cause shampoo to foam, and act as a cleansing agent, but they also lead to increased sebum production.

Old 08-17-2004, 12:11 PM   #8

monifa HB User
Question Re: Hair growth Vitamins

ok i'am a little confused my prenatal vitamins say 30mcg of bition so how much is that?3000mg.I don't want to take to much.so my biotion bottle says 1mg&prenatal bottle says 30mcg how much i'am taking?

Old 08-23-2004, 07:59 AM   #9

crazygirl32 HB User

I use Hair,Skin, and nail vitamins from walmart. I have used them for about a year now and I have noticed a big difference in my hair.. I also take calcium, afterall our hair i smade up of calcium. I take fish oils and vitamin C and I try to eat a good diet and exercise.. that helps.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:40 AM   #10

crazygirl32 HB User

I am also going to purchase these tablets you take for your hair growth called NuHair. ever heard of theM?

Old 09-11-2004, 09:50 PM   #11

acne487 HB User

Vitamins do not help your hair grow back or prevent your hair from falling out.
Ask your self these simple qeustions, have I seen bald people in vitamin shops such as gnc at vitaminshoppe? Do these bald men take vitamins? If you have ask your self another qeustion, why are there bald? Do you understand my point?

Old 09-12-2004, 12:51 PM   #12

headphones HB User

"It's been proven many times that hair accurately reflects our lifestyle, good and bad habits, and nutritional choices (as in we are what we eat). Many outside factors can affect hair, but the best way to encourage positive hair health and growth is from the inside."

Everyone seems to agree with this.

Old 10-17-2004, 07:48 AM   #13
(female)

Tienci HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monifa
ok i'am a little confused my prenatal vitamins say 30mcg of bition so how much is that?3000mg.I don't want to take to much.so my biotion bottle says 1mg&prenatal bottle says 30mcg how much i'am taking?
1mg=1000mcg so u r taking 0.03mg.

Closed Thread