It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2004, 07:39 AM   #1

Kam131 HB User
silica, biotin = hairgrowth?

Hi, I'm 21, and my body recently went through a great deal of stress while detoxing my body from Diet Coke and caffeine... I endured a lot of anxiety and tension headaches for about a month and a half, and now that it's out of my system I developed a severely flakey scalp...

So I started using Nizerol, which I found to be very drying of my bleach blonde hair... in addition, it seemed like I was loosing more hair than normal... I figured it was breakage from the bleach, and decided to just dye my hair black... which definitely made it oodles softer... except it seems now that more hair is falling out!!! Everytime I wash it, it just falls out like no tomorrow and I'm starting to get a little freaked. I don't think it's all breakage, either because the roots are attached to the ends. My hair has thinned a significant amount and I'm really worried!

What's going on here??? Why is this happening? Please help! Also, I'm taking silica horsetail supplements, but I've heard prenatal with biotin is better. Is this true?

Old 08-10-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
Inactive

Aries872 HB User
Re: silica, biotin = hairgrowth?

I take Prenatals (1 a day) Silica (2 a day) and Biotin (2 a day). This worked for me. Silica makes it grow long. Prenatals help the thickness and biotin helps with strength.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2004, 08:00 PM   #3

Kam131 HB User

Thank you! Will do... Do the prenatals have any side effects, by any chance? How long should I take them for?

Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 AM   #4
Inactive

Aries872 HB User

I take them everyday.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hannasnana HB User

I agree with Aries872. I was experiencing hair loss everytime I began a new diet regeme. I started on the biotin, silica and Omega 3 vitimans. You might have cut too much healthy fats out of your diet. When I began to add healthy fats (butter, olive oil, virgin coconut oil) back into my diet my hair began to grow back in. Its so thick now I have to have it thinned when I get a hair cut.

I know many people have had great results with a high quality fish oil in their diet. That could help the flaky scalp.

Old 08-27-2004, 12:36 PM   #6

crazygirl32 HB User

I am taking a hair,skin, and nail vitamin that seems to be working, but I am going to add the Silica to it for growth and I take omega oils also.. I think I have noticed a difference! I may consider taking prenatal vitamins after these are gone.. what brand do you suggest or does it matter? thanks.

Closed Thread