It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2004, 08:16 PM   #1
(male)

dstalker3 HB User
Butt hair, Shave VS Scissors? or?

Well strait to the point. I have lots of pool classes for gym. And My back is not hairy, except my butt is, and the butt hair kinda grew on the 20% lower part of my back, so it comes out of my pool pants... It REALLY looks like it's coming from the butt, i mean my friend told me '' dude, that hair, don't tell me it doesn't come from your butt, because the way it's growing... ''

Im embarrassed and dunno if i should shave it, it'll be my first time im 16.
I mean i heard once you shave some part of your body, hair grows faster and faster everytime until you have to shave everyday =( I dont want to shave my arse everyday! I mean, if i dont for 2-3 days it'll be 3 inches long?!?! If it's true, should using scissors be better? If i use scissors to cut it really close to the skin ( like shaving ) will it cancel the shave-equals-faster-and-nastier-hair-growth effect ??

Please help me, I'm a newbie about all this =(

P.S: I would like to NOT go to some spa to wax for now...

Old 11-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Butt hair, Shave VS Scissors? or?

Hair grows from beneath the top layer of the skin, out of a folicle that is NOT affected by whether it's cut or shaved. Hair does not grow faster or thicker or more dense because of shaving or cutting. It's a visual perception of the blunt cut hair vs. hair that has been allowed to grow naturally new from the folicle (tapered). Think of it like a newly cut lawn compared to one that's grown a week or so. Visually the new cut lawn looks thicker.

If you want the best solution...it would be waxing. Have it done at a salon. Every so many weeks should suffice. The hair that is constantly pulled eventually can fatigue the folicle, and the hair grows back somewhat weaker and thinner.

But, you being a male (I'm assuming) have testosterone which helps the hair growth. That's where yours grows. Heredity plays a big part in that process and you won't be able to change it much.

Waxing is really your best butt bet!

Hope this helps,
quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread