It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #1
(female)

twotulips HB User
why is my hair so tangly?

I have long blonde hair.I always had blonde hair but its gotten darker since Ive gotten older (Im 20) I have dyed it quite a bit but not in the last four months and I never use a blow dryer or curling irons .I have naturally straight hair but its insanely tangly all the time.I dye it ligter blonde,not bleach blonde and I always only do streaks.

I have fairly thick hair,not too thick though,I'd say average.

Do I just need to cut it off or is there something I can do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 06:03 PM   #2
(female)

Shy One HB User
Re: why is my hair so tangly?

It is probably dry from dye and highlights. Always use conditioner after you wash your hair. A detangler or leave in conditioner should help a lot. So will a deep conditioner once every week or two. My hair is very long and it always gets really tangly when I haven't had it trimmed in a while. Just a little tiny bit taken off of the ends to even it out will help a lot. Another suggestion is putting jojoba oil on the ends to keep them from getting crunchy or split. That can make your hair tangle easily too. You can also run a tiny bit throughout the length of your hair.

Last edited by Shy One; 12-16-2004 at 06:10 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2004, 06:09 PM   #3
(female)

Shy One HB User
Re: why is my hair so tangly?

Shampoo and conditioners with silicones in them can make your hair do this too so I hear. I'm just experimenting with the no-cone idea but anything in a shampoo or conditioner's ingredients that ends in "cone" is a silicone. These are not bad for your hair at all. They just build up and can make your hair brittle or tangle. Just clarify every one to two weeks. I just bought some all natural shampoo from the health food store. They're by Nature's Gate and there are a lot of different varieties. These don't contain cones. They also have oils in them and I think they are really helping keep my hair tangle free.

Closed Thread