It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
(female)

shelley4 HB User
Red face bleached, dyed hair turned gray! HELP!

hi, i've been bleaching my hair for a few years and then when i get tired of it, i buy dark brown hair dye from a grocery store. my brother has always told me putting brown onto bleached hair will turn it gray, that i should dye my hair red first, then put brown over it. well i hate red hair. it's taken me years to get the red tones out of my hair. my natural color is dark brown with red tones. anyways- not once has my hair ever turned gray when i have dyed it dark brown.
well the other night i bleached a lot of streaks into my hair. it turned out crappy so i put, not a dark shade this time- but a light shade of brown onto my hair to cover the blond streaks up. well, my brother was right. i have gray streaks and chunks all over my head now, from where the bleached areas were.
i love the color it dyed my hair underneath the gray. is there anything i can do to get rid of the gray? i dont want to buy any dark brown dye to put over it because it will darken too much and i will end up hating it.
will the gray fade somehow, turn brown after a few washings? or is my hair just screwed? i thought about putting a toner in my hair from a sally's beauty supply, but toner has always only lasted about a week in my hair for some weird reason. please help if you get the time. i am only 24 and hate having to pull my new gray hair up in a ponytail to hide it when i go in public. is there anything at all out there i can get or do, to make it go away? really dont want to look like this in coming up- christmas pics with my family.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2004, 09:24 PM   #2
(female)

Asperger family HB User
Re: bleached, dyed hair turned gray! HELP!

When you bleach your hair, it strips the natural color completely. I have done the same thing before and turned my hair grey as well. (it must be a blonde thing) anyhoo, you could go to a stylists and get highlights/lowlights, it should lighten your hair back again, it might even look better and more natural than it did before. Mine did. You probably shouldnt try to use ASH colores or try to dye your hair dark by yourself, exspecially since its been bleached.

Old 12-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #3
(female)

Asperger family HB User
Re: bleached, dyed hair turned gray! HELP!

.......You can also ask for a "partial" at the sylists, where they only dye the partial top or bottom of your hair. If you just got grey on the top half of your hair, than you could get only that dyed.It is considerably cheaper too. I dont think after that much damage, it will wash out and look good later on, ultimately your not a stylists, so you will probably keep dying it, trying to get it right, until it becomes damaged and broken. Get it done right..now and feel good about yourself.Good luck

Closed Thread