It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2005, 02:05 PM   #1
(female)

Greenteaeffect HB User
Leg hair growth

Last edited by Greenteaeffect; 11-23-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Old 01-31-2005, 05:20 AM   #2
(male)

johnkansas HB User
Re: Leg hair growth

[QUOTE=Greenteaeffect]The hair on my legs grows too fast. After shaving, stubble appears within two hours! This is very frustrating because I won't let anyone touch my bare legs (boyfriend finds this aggravating..)[/qhote]
If your boyfriend can't stand it, I'd say it's time to change your boyfriend.

Quote:
and I can't wear anything but jeans.
That's the way my wife felt, when I first met her.

Quote:
This is a stretch, but is there anything a dermatologist could prescribe to slow my hair growth down?
Vaniqa is prescribed for just that purpose. Slows the growth down.

Quote:
I've tried shave minimizing lotions but they have absolutely no effect. I've never been able to correctly use or get decent results out of wax. The hair just doesn't pull out. It's too thick and coarse.
What you're describing is exactly what happens when you've got male-type hair growth -- the things that work well with the weaker growth tha's more typical of females don't really work well, if at all.

Quote:
I've never met any other female with this problem. In fact, most of my friends can go for days without stubble appearing! I'm at my wits end here. I'm finding it hard to "feel" feminine when my legs feel like brillopads. Does anyone else have this problem?
That's exactly how my wife was when I first met her aged 19. Very coarse leg hair growing as fast as that of any male. She also had moustache growth that was almost as heavy as a male. For her there was no problem about having to wear a skirt to work and the answer to the hair problem was simply to let it grow as far as her legs were concerned and shave her moustache with a good Norelco men's electric shaver. Sorry that's not much help to you, but I think the issue of acceptance is of some relevance. Incidentally, her leg hair has almost disappeared over the years, but her moustache hasn't. I think in the end of the day it's a waste of time trying to appear more "feminine" than you really are -- I had girfriends who had (naturally) little or no hair growth on their legs and certainly no moustache growth. But the girl I married had a lot more positive things to be said for her and the unusually heavy leg hair and the moustache growth were just part of the package.

[QUOTE=Greenteaeffect]The hair on my legs grows too fast. After shaving, stubble appears within two hours! This is very frustrating because I won't let anyone touch my bare legs (boyfriend finds this aggravating..)[/qhote]
If your boyfriend can't stand it, I'd say it's time to change your boyfriend.

Quote:
and I can't wear anything but jeans.
That's the way my wife felt, when I first met her.

Quote:
This is a stretch, but is there anything a dermatologist could prescribe to slow my hair growth down?
Vaniqa is prescribed for just that purpose. Slows the growth down.

Quote:
I've tried shave minimizing lotions but they have absolutely no effect. I've never been able to correctly use or get decent results out of wax. The hair just doesn't pull out. It's too thick and coarse.
What you're describing is exactly what happens when you've got male-type hair growth -- the things that work well with the weaker growth tha's more typical of females don't really work well, if at all.

Quote:
I've never met any other female with this problem. In fact, most of my friends can go for days without stubble appearing! I'm at my wits end here. I'm finding it hard to "feel" feminine when my legs feel like brillopads. Does anyone else have this problem?
That's exactly how my wife was when I first met her aged 19. Very coarse leg hair growing as fast as that of any male. She also had moustache growth that was almost as heavy as a male. For her there was no problem about having to wear a skirt to work and the answer to the hair problem was simply to let it grow as far as her legs were concerned and shave her moustache with a good Norelco men's electric shaver. Sorry that's not much help to you, but I think the issue of acceptance is of some relevance. Incidentally, her leg hair has almost disappeared over the years, but her moustache hasn't. I think in the end of the day it's a waste of time trying to appear more "feminine" than you really are -- I had girfriends who had (naturally) little or no hair growth on their legs and certainly no moustache growth. But the girl I married had a lot more positive things to be said for her and the unusually heavy leg hair and the moustache growth were just part of the package.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread