It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2005, 09:53 AM   #1
(female)

Drakes_mom HB User
hair growth/health and Biotin

A number of years ago, I had a perm and the stylist failed to insert the pressure sticks that prevent the hair from being overstretched during the procedure. This resulted in severe breakage all over my head- some down to just stubble and some actually pulled all the way out- every place the hair was divided. My head resembled nothing if not a waffle!

I went to the health food store and bought a kit - contained Biotin shampoo, conditioner, and a leave in treatment, as well as supplements.
I was very pleased with the results!
It strengthened the hair that was still left, which allowed me to feel confident styling it to get through this horrible period.It also sure seemed to make my new growth appear VERY quickly. My co-workers can attest to the fact that every week or so I would say " hey lookl'! and you could see measurable differences ( especially the lovely stage where i had stubble growing up in straight lines, like rows of plants lol )
The biotin supplement is the one thing to go easy on - too high a dose and you will get loose stool. If you find that happening, cut back on the amount or frequency.

If these kits are still around- or the products individually- I would recommend them if they haven't changed over the years.
( I just went to a mall vitamin type store and found mine...or you could check online)

Old 02-06-2005, 05:15 PM   #2

Rhadianze HB User
Re: hair growth/health and Biotin

Hi - can you tell me what the name of the one that you used was? I am desperate to find something that will halt the breakage I am experiencing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2005, 07:07 AM   #3
(female)

Drakes_mom HB User

Hi there...it has been so many years I can't remember the exact name. However, I did a Google, and the Shen Min NuHair seems to be the closest in what they offer. I am seeing a lot of Biotin shampoos and conditioner and vitamins--- but this is the only kit I have found so far that has the topical lotion- the part I suspect helped a lot because you apply it, leave it on, and it almost immediately it gives your hair a stronger texture.

Old 02-11-2005, 09:38 AM   #4

Cyndee HB User

Nexxus has a Biotin shampoo, conditioner and leave-in Biotin scalp treatment. I've been using it for year and just bought some -- try any Salon Source or Trade Secret store -- or, of course, online. Cyndee

Closed Thread