It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

Beth Ann HB User
Angry Just colored hair. Hate it! How long before I can color it again?

Help! I just had my hair colored, and I absolutely HATE it! My hair is light brown, and I get foil highlights. Well, I went to get it done today, but did not want highlights on top of highlights, because I knew that would make it all blonde. Well, I asked the guy to put brown in, and then do highlights. I don't know what he did, but now it's all blonde. He acted like he thought the color was "wonderful", and I didn't say to him that I hate it, but he knew I wasn't happy. And to top it off, he charged me $195! Can you believe that?!!!! This is the fourth time I've been to this guy, and his price jumps up about $50 each time! There's no doubt that I won't be going back, not even to let him make it right. But, my question is.....if I go somewhere else to get it done, how long should I wait. I don't want to overprocess it, and make it fall out or anything. Can anyone help me out here? Sorry for my ranting, but I am really, really upset.

Thanks,
Beth Ann

Old 03-11-2005, 03:01 PM   #2
(female)

sharonssorefoot HB User
Re: Just colored hair. Hate it! How long before I can color it again?

Beth Ann,
1st fire your hairdresser!
2nd, if you want to go darker then you can do that right away. Darkening hair is much less stressful than lighening it.
Last summer I asked my hairdresser for some, I repeat, some highlites. He made me all blond! I hated it and I wouldn't pay becuase i knew I was very specific with how I wanted it to look. Then a few days later I had him weave in some dark lowlights at no charge!!, to balance everything out.
HOpe this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 03:03 PM   #3
(female)

sharonssorefoot HB User

Oh, and more thing. Don't worry about hair falling. You might see some hairloss but unless you get your hair colored over and over again you shouldn't have any problem.

Old 03-16-2005, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

Beth Ann HB User

Thanks! Looks like I might have to continue being a blonde for at least a couple of more weeks anyway. (Strapped for cash right now, and it's gonna cost some $$$ to get this done right.) It's surprising to me how many people prefer me as a blonde, and how many prefer me as a brunette. Hubby says I look the same either way to him. Go figure! But, no matter, I still hate it.

Old 03-17-2005, 06:37 PM   #5
(female)

poecar HB User

If you have fine hair like mine....... or damaged hair........I would maybe wait awhile to get your hair recolored. I spent 150.00 to get my hair colored a week ago. She colored it too dark. I went back a week later, she foil weaved in a too light of a color, almost white blond, then put a toner over it......my hair is so damaged it feels like straw and is breaking off. Today I went to another salon to look at my damaged hair (for free), and the lady suggested not too put another color in, as my hair was so damaged, but she told me just to use a color rinse (not a permanent color), and just keep trimming the ends until all the old color and damaged hair is cut off and grows out. You may even decide to use just a semi color, that is not as harsh. My hair, which was light brown originally, is now a washed out dull grey color. I would just call around. Most beauticians will give you a consultation, for little to nothing, because they want your business. Also, ask friends and family first for a recommendation for a good beautician.......seems like they are few and far between.

Carol

Old 03-18-2005, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

Please think twice or more before using a semi-permant color on your already colored hair. I have been using semi-permant for a long time and it does cause damage. It may be the cause of me losing too much hair now, may have damaged hair follicles.

Last edited by Misty800; 03-18-2005 at 06:16 PM.

Closed Thread