It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2005, 05:58 PM   #1

Mackenzie HB User
normal body hair?

I am twenty-years-old and have a problem with body hair. I have it on my stomach, back and bottom and it's equivalent to the type of hair that comes in on your arms. Then, my pubic hair practically spreads out to my butt cheeks and upper thighs. I even have hair on the inside of my crack What's most embarrassing is the hair on my face though because that's what people see everyday. It's on my neck, chin, cheeks, forehead - everywhere. I would have a full-blown mustache if I didn't use bleech and trimming products. I have to use that stuff on my entire face though! Is this normal for some women or do I need to see someone about this?

I don't have the money for any of those electric treatments or anything. I've tried everything from wax kits on my face to epil-stop though.

Last edited by Mackenzie; 05-05-2005 at 06:00 PM.

Old 05-05-2005, 07:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: normal body hair?

Sounds like it is a hormone problem. See a doctor for proper diagnosis. No it is not normal for women to have that much hair on their body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2005, 06:43 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

It's hard to say what is or isn't normal these days. For those who come from certain ethnic backgrounds it is normal for women to have more facial/body hair. Does your mother or any other females in your family have this problem? If so, it could be genetic. Otherwise, like the above poster said, it can be a hormone problem. I'm not sure of the name of the type of doctor you are supposed to see for this.

I'm aware that you have stated that you dont have the money for any advanced treatments, but i just wanted to warn you that if it is a hormonal problem, then dont even waste your money on laser treatment as it wont get rid of your hair for good as it doesn't work for people with hormonal hair problems. The only thing which is guaranteed is electrolysis.

I would see a doctor and get tests done first. Later on, if all else fails, i would personally save up and get electrolysis for the facial area. You can always start off with the most embarrasing area first and get it done little by little. If you do start getting electrolysis, it's important that you dont have one session, then another in 6 months time as it wont work. You need to go roughly every 3 or 4 weeks and get the hairs zapped when they are in the growing stage. This is how you get rid of them asap.

As for the rest of your body, heaps of girls have hair growing in the crack area of their bottom. That's why when you go to get a brazilian wax they want you to get in a certain position so they can remove those hairs. Also a lot of girls who dont even have a facial hair problem will have hairs on their stomach area and their lower back. Now that hipster clothing has been in fashion you can really see that some girls have a lot of hair on their lower back area, but they dont care, they still wear hipsters and when you look at their faces, they dont appear to have a hair problem in the facial area. Don't stress too much and dont ever be tempted to shave your face area.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

This amount of growth is not normal. And it is rarely genetic. What can be genetic though is PCOS, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other hormone imbalances.

Please schedule an appointment with a gynecologist or endocrinologist. Be sure to let the hair grow so that the physician can see that you do have a problem. Also, ask for a C-peptide test. This tests for insulin resistance, which is a pre-diabetic condition. We are finding that people with abnormal amounts of hair are often insulin resistant. If insulin resistance is caught early, diabetes can be prevented in the future.

Also, neither electrolysis nor laser hair removal can offer guarantees. There are no guarantees with the human body. Any practitioner that offers a guarantee is setting themselves up for a liability lawsuit.

Find the reason for the hair growth, begin treatment, and then work toward laser or electrolysis. Your best bet is to find a skilled electrologist certified in laser hair removal.

Closed Thread