It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2005, 02:41 AM   #1
(male)

RomperStomper HB User
What is the Average age for a Male before they start to go Grey ?

I'm just wondering if anyone knows the average age for a male before they start to get Grey Hairs ?

And does anyone know if Stress makes hair go grey faster ?

Because I have had a injury for a few years and I've been going crazy thinking of ways to get better, and thought maybe this might be a reason I've started to get grey hairs ?

If any other males want to contribute, that would help thanks.

Btw, I am 30, but everyone says I look about 22- maybe 26, but with grey hairs coming, I feel alot older and not sure what to do about it.

Any advice is welcome. Are there any other Alternatives to stop Grey hair, besides Dying your hair ? thanks.

Last edited by RomperStomper; 05-27-2005 at 04:52 PM.

Old 05-27-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
(male)

RomperStomper HB User
Re: What is the Average age for a Male before they start to go Grey ?

Does anyone know the answers to my questions ?

Also, is there a way to slow down the grey hair process, I read somewhere once you can take certain Vitamins, but can't find it anymore.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-31-2005, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger_girl76 HB User

My husband started to grey at 25 (he's 34 now) and he doesn't look old. He has very dark hair with just a scattering of grey. Most people think he's still in his 20's. Some men will start to grey in their late teens and some won't until they're in their 40's (my dad was like that).

When you start to grey mostly has to do with genetics I think although stress will definately play a part. Being extremely stressed all the time will speed up the greying process. My best friend is greying quite fast and she has a lot of stress in her life.

I honestly don't think there is anything you can do to actually stop grey hairs from coming on. Time just rolls on and plays it's part, you know? Worrying about a few grey hairs will only make you unhappy and might even bring more on. If you're really worried about them you can always cover them up with hair color although you're going to find that most people won't even notice them. I think the grey hairs that my hubby has make him look sexy!

Take care.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:45 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

wiredqs HB User

I think it's just kind of random, I have 2 brothers. The 52 year old is mostly grey and has been for a long time, the 50 year old has very little. The older one said it's caused by raising daughters..(he has 2). At least you can just disguise it, could be worse, at least you have hair to dye, lots of people don't.

Closed Thread