It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
(male)

micro HB User
Hair Pattern on the Crown of the head

So I was asking my hairstylist the other day why my hair on the back is thicker on one side. She told me its because of the way my hair turns. She says that people are born with different turns. Some have one, others have two. Some turns left, others go right.

Is this true? I was look in the mirror the other day and I notice that depending on the angle I hold the mirror, the hair seems to be thinner from one view compared to the other. I say thinner because the scalp is more visible from that angle. I'm scared that I'm going bald. WHen I wash my hair everyday, I notice one or two hair falling off. I know thats normal.. So I'm just wondering what are the signs of balding?

My pillow is not full of hair. I wash my hair daily and notice one or two strands of hair, sometimes none. And my forehead has the peak thing in the center of my hair. I remember from biology that its call the widows peak or soemthing like that?

I'm just going nuts...any ideas?

Last edited by micro; 07-21-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:37 PM   #2
(male)

micro HB User
Re: Hair Pattern on the Crown of the head

By the way, I'm a 19 y/o male.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 06:56 AM   #3
(male)

SaintAngerBH HB User
Re: Hair Pattern on the Crown of the head

I've been stressing out about my hair recently too. It seems to me to be thinning, I'm scheduling a derm. appointment in a few days.

Your post caught my attention though. My hairline is higher than it used to be, and my hair seems to be thinner than it was 3 years ago. I used to have long thick hair.

When I tilt my head back and I look through my hairline I can see alot of my scalp, but when I look at it with my head straight it looks nearly as thick as it did back then.

When I run my fingers through my hair I usually get a few hairs in my hand, not clumps or anything. I don't find clumps in my shower, drains or my pillows.

But I too am wondering about that. Maybe my hairline is normal and I'm freaking out over nothing? I don't have a bald spot yet, but sometimes i wonder if it's moving toward that. I can't figure out if it's all in my head or not.....(no pun intended, sorta..)

Closed Thread