It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2005, 05:15 PM   #1

denim_lad19 HB User
Question Help needed with thinning hair

Hi everyone,

I've read most of the posts on here about thinning hair and they have all had really good responses. I hope you can help me out with this too.

I'm a 21 year old guy, had thinning hair for about 3 years and its now very thin on top but still thick on the sides. I clipper it back every few weeks to keep it at short as possible (i dont shave it with a razor tho).

Like most people when my hair thinned out I got dandruff although mine deteriorated into sebhorric dermatitis. I've been using Alphosphyl (sp) shampoo for this and it has calmed the effects and itching, but i still get very small flakes and my scalp is still itchy. Also, for about one year now I have been using Rogaine spray and I do think it has slowed the rate of baldness a lot, but it has not hepled my scalp, making it more greasy and itchy at times.

The past month I have stopped using Rogaine but am considering using Propecia as a lot of people on the board seems to think it at least stops baldness.

but I have a few questiosn about it:
1. What is the cost. I am in the UK, can I get this without a doctor's prescription or over the internet?
2. Would the dermatitis prevent the ability of Propecia to do its job?

Thankies!!

Old 08-05-2005, 08:46 AM   #2
(female)

MzTami HB User
Re: Help needed with thinning hair

Maybe you should try an organic multi-vitamin/mineral. Also people say boitin vitamin is great for hair. I take the multi-vitamin/minerals because I don't like to take a lot of different pills. "I kill two, three, four birds with one stone."

Good luck and I wish you the best!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 10:35 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

bkm4673 HB User
Re: Help needed with thinning hair

get b-complex vitamins they work wonders! and vit e and mulit mineral complex and omega 3s theyll work

Closed Thread