It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 04:39 AM   #1
(male)

minded HB User
Relax hair every 2 - 3 weeks . Is it Safe . Help

Hi . I am an Indian Tamilian male who has very course bushy hair . i have tried every expensive & cheap hair care product . i was almost giving up hope until an african mentioned relaxing my hair would help so i did coz i had nothing to lose & it was AMAZING with excellent results . I luved my hair . The only problem is that within 2 - 3 weeks it goes back to normal .
If i relax my hair every 2 - 3 weeks , can i damage it or do something more serious like lose hair or something .

Please let me know . I use this organic hair relaxer which costs about 10 dollars a box . If there are other safer relaxers , please let me know as well .

Thanks Peeps !

Old 08-19-2005, 08:45 PM   #2
(female)

MzTami HB User
Re: Relax hair every 2 - 3 weeks . Is it Safe . Help

NO! it is not safe to relax hair every 2-3 weeks. Your hair could become damaged. I don't know what type of hair you have but there are other products that will give you the same results without relaxing your hair. Go to any Beauty Supply Store(African American) and tell them what you want your hair to do. Trust me they will have an answer.

Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 07:23 AM   #3
(female)

wannahelp HB User

first of all, stop doing it yourself. let a professional do this for you. they can relax or straighten your hair in a safe manner. every 4 weeks you will need to have your roots or new hair relaxed only. this depends on how fast your hair grows. relaxers are very strong and will cause hair breakage if you do not apply properly. it's impossible to do this by yourself without getting the chemical on previously relaxed hair. good luck!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:22 AM   #4
(female)

Miss_Leolady HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzTami
NO! it is not safe to relax hair every 2-3 weeks. Your hair could become damaged.
I agree...Do Not relax your hair every 2-3 weeks...you can severely cause damage to your hair and scalp...you should probably wait at least 6-8 weeks(I would prefer 8 weeks) to relax your hair again...Go and see a professional hairstylist...a professional would be able to assist you on what to do and what kind of products to use for your specific hair type.

Old 09-17-2005, 06:16 AM   #5
(female)

ATLangel HB User

I would be bald if I relaxed my hair that much. Maybe after it goes back to normal you could use a ceramic iron. Or have you tried that

Closed Thread