It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

Rachel123 HB User
Talking I Found A Hair Straightner That Works!!!!!

Hey everyone... I used to have some big frizzy thick hair uhh sounds fun right lol.. well i found a pretty cheap straightner that actally works! and its at your local walmart!! its made by remington...its called wet2 striaght and when you striaghen your hair it acyually last all day and you dont need any fancy chemicals to keep it like that... the porce is about 30 dollars ask any question or post comments if wanted or if needed

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 02:03 PM   #2
(female)

Terrin HB User
Re: I Found A Hair Straightner That Works!!!!!

Hi, did you have to blow dry you hair for this to work?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 02:50 PM   #3
(female)

Rachel123 HB User
Arrow Re: I Found A Hair Straightner That Works!!!!!

Nope theres no blowdrying nessacary !!

Old 09-14-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

i am definitely checking this out, i straighten my hair every morning, yet as soon as i go outside, POOF!!! lol and it goes poof no matter what i put in my hair! though..i live in texas, so it's really humid, where you live is it really humid weather and does it STILL work?

also, is it damaging to the hair if u start out with it wet? i would think it'd be safer to blow dry first, have you experimented if it creates better results???

Old 09-14-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
(female)

Rachel123 HB User
Arrow Re: I Found A Hair Straightner That Works!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot89
i am definitely checking this out, i straighten my hair every morning, yet as soon as i go outside, POOF!!! lol and it goes poof no matter what i put in my hair! though..i live in texas, so it's really humid, where you live is it really humid weather and does it STILL work?

also, is it damaging to the hair if u start out with it wet? i would think it'd be safer to blow dry first, have you experimented if it creates better results???
I Live up north..in maryland but it still is humid uphere and pretty hot if you ask me... and I used it in florida were it was very humid and my hair was still VERY striaght...If i blow dried mine first before i strightened it it made it more frizzy... If you donot blowdry and use it if its wet it is not damaging to the hair I love this strightner... ASk more Questions if needed

Old 09-15-2005, 09:24 PM   #6
(male)

dstalker3 HB User

Hum, I could SWEAR that i read in various threads here that Wet-to-dry straigtheners should be a no-no and that it was damaging to the hair. If anyone could confirm, It' be nice

Old 09-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstalker3
Hum, I could SWEAR that i read in various threads here that Wet-to-dry straigtheners should be a no-no and that it was damaging to the hair. If anyone could confirm, It' be nice
Well, I used a straightener with steam (you add water to it) for 5+ years and it has damaged the crap out of my hair. When I first bought it, I thought it was something good. It said on the box 'adds steam to moisturize'. My hair is dry anyway, so, again, I thought using it was a good idea. Then, I found out recently from someone on here that in fact it's really bad for your hair, not good. I guess the water is actually boiling on your hair or something like that. Anyway, this person said that if used over a long period of time, that it's quite destructive to the hair, and that it creates something called 'bubble hair'. I did a search on it and sure enough she was right. I would think that the same would apply to the wet-to-straight irons, seeing that it's the same principle. Just a thought. Needless to say, I threw that steam straightener right in the trash! I now have a ceramic one that works great. One more thing, ALWAYS use a heat protectant before curling or straightening.

Last edited by kittywitty; 09-15-2005 at 10:14 PM.

Old 09-16-2005, 03:04 PM   #8
(female)

Patriot89 HB User

I have a hair protectant, but it smells like laundry soap! and when i put it on my hair my straightener doesnt work as well....maybe its cuz i have a cheap straightner though

how much did ur ceramic one cost? and yea...the wet to dry straightener, i assumed it would damage the hair...wasnt sure

Old 09-16-2005, 09:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot89
I have a hair protectant, but it smells like laundry soap! and when i put it on my hair my straightener doesnt work as well....maybe its cuz i have a cheap straightner though

how much did ur ceramic one cost? and yea...the wet to dry straightener, i assumed it would damage the hair...wasnt sure
I paid $14.99 for a Revlon one. I use a heat protectant by Ion called Straightening Iron Spray that I bought at Sally's Beauty Supply for $6. It works good if you don't use too much of it.

Last edited by kittywitty; 09-16-2005 at 10:43 PM.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User

Wow.

I used to purchase my straightners from the local Walmart, and they didn't have any GOOD affects on my hair, AT ALL... I'm surprised to see that one actually works, and can keep your hair straight, even when it's HUMID!? I no longer purchase straightners from Walmart. I purchased my last one at Sally's, for about $80, and it works absolutely PERFECT. My hair has been fantastic ever since. I spray a few sprays of heat-protection in it, which holds so well... even if I didn't apply the spray, the straightner still would do miracles for my hair... because my hair is crazy with curls. I got layers in my hair, in the past, which really messed my hair up, and I'll never get layers, ever again... My hair BEFORE layers was just wavy, and afterwards, was SO curly... But I'm glad you actually purchased one that can work...

I'm just... amazed.

P.S.- You mentioned that you DO NOT have to blowdry... what do you mean? You can't straighten your hair while it's wet, usually. It burns your hair, and causes steam... lots of it. Reply back.

Last edited by Modinatrix21; 09-17-2005 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Color hard to read,removed.

Old 09-17-2005, 05:07 PM   #11
(female)

Rachel123 HB User

I don't usally use mine when my hair is wet but the striaghtner does have steam vents for which the steam doesnt stay in and damage anything... I ask my Stylist if it would damage it and she said not at all... I usally use mine when its damp or dry ....

Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #12
(female)

Arai_Akino19 HB User

Hi! There is a product called MaxiGlide and works extreamly well. i have thick coarse hair too and the MAxiglide works so well. Its like getting your hair proffesionally straightned withought the chemicals. it costs around $ 80.00 on the Home Shopping Network but it is completly worth it. I am African American and it works extreamly well in getting my hair super straight and shiny.

Old 11-23-2005, 05:07 PM   #13
(female)

august26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arai_Akino19
Hi! There is a product called MaxiGlide and works extreamly well. i have thick coarse hair too and the MAxiglide works so well. Its like getting your hair proffesionally straightned withought the chemicals. it costs around $ 80.00 on the Home Shopping Network but it is completly worth it. I am African American and it works extreamly well in getting my hair super straight and shiny.

I'm also looking for a straightner that actually work. I'm glad you mentioned the MaxiGlide. I want to give it a try. I've heard someone said it works and then you so I think I'll give it a try.Eighty bucks is steep but if it works lol.

Last edited by august26; 11-23-2005 at 05:10 PM.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 PM   #14
(female)

Arai_Akino19 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by august26
I'm also looking for a straightner that actually work. I'm glad you mentioned the MaxiGlide. I want to give it a try. I've heard someone said it works and then you so I think I'll give it a try.Eighty bucks is steep but if it works lol.
The maxiglide is the best! Although, dont use it too much like everyday because your hair will become damaged from all the heat. You should never use any hot hair styling tool that much.

Old 12-10-2005, 04:29 PM   #15
(female)

1plumppup HB User
Lightbulb Re: I Found A Hair Straightner That Works!!!!!

Hey everyone! I use the Tourmaline wet-to-straight T3 ceramic flat iron. It's been the best thing I've found. I have no damage, and have attained about three inches of length. I towel dry my hairin a micro fiber cloth. So, it's not dripping wet before I start, but it is no where near dry. I then apply a heat protectant like something from Sally's, maybe L'Oreal natural line, or Ion. I also apply a little mouse. Then section my hair the and begin flat ironing. 20-30 mins later my wildly curly thick hair is dry, styled, shiney,& wonderful. I'm out the door off to work. Before this I had to blow dry (damage)with a arge round brush, then curl iron (more damage) for over 1 hour! The hair looked nice, but didn't have the shine it has now, and it's even more resisitant to humidity.

Closed Thread