It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Garnier Fructis - More Hair Breakage???

I use the one for color-treated hair. Since I've been using it, I've actually noticed more hair loss and breakage. I thought Garnier was supposed to prevent breakage. Has this happened to anyone else using this? I don't want to use the long and strong one because it will fade my color. Thanks for any replies.

Last edited by kittywitty; 10-11-2005 at 11:27 AM.

Old 10-11-2005, 08:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: Garnier Fructis - More Hair Breakage???

Anybody???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2005, 06:13 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

No one uses Garnier Fructis?

Old 10-15-2005, 10:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Well, I gave the shampoo and conditioner to my sister-in-law and nieces since they like it so much. I'll never use it again. I prefer to keep my hair in my head.

Old 10-17-2005, 10:05 AM   #5
(female)

stoph8nmelanie HB User

Use something else for color shampoo. Maybe the shampoo it to hard on your hair. That's maybe y your color is fading.Try something less stronger. If u use a different kind of shampoo it's still breaking the it maybe stress, or pregant. Your hair break when your stressing.

Old 10-17-2005, 04:36 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoph8nmelanie
Use something else for color shampoo. Maybe the shampoo it to hard on your hair. That's maybe y your color is fading.Try something less stronger. If u use a different kind of shampoo it's still breaking the it maybe stress, or pregant. Your hair break when your stressing.
The color hasn't really faded, that's the only thing good about this product, that and the nice smell. Other than that, it's terrible. Sometimes I get stressed, I think everybody does. I'm definitely not pregnant, I'm faithfully on the pill. I do think it (the Garnier) is too hard on my hair, though. I have slight hair loss anyway from a medication I take, but it got much worse when I was using this. In my book, anything that accelerates my hair loss is not good. Pantene did the same thing to me. My hair is very damaged and has been for some time. Now I'm using a moisturizing, neutralizing shampoo and a conditioner that helps to slow or stop breakage. The shampoo isn't supposed to fade color. However, I'm getting it done Nov. 5, so we'll see. Thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate it. Seems like no one on these boards really uses Garnier.

Last edited by kittywitty; 10-17-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Old 10-20-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
(female)

ThroughMyEyes HB User

Frutis does the same to my hair. I believe that the only reason why people liek it so much is because of the color of the bottle and the excitring commercials. The best shampoo that I have ever used what actually for people with African American Hair. Their shamppoos and conditioners are very rich and creamy. There is one but i do not know the name but you can find it at wallgreens or what ever drug store is near you. It is by the perms and other african american hair products. It is a small bottle dark brown with a gold sticker with a woman on it.l It also smells like peppermint. It is extreemly refreshing! you should try it. It has made my hari soft and manageble with no breakege. Another good shampoo is Dove.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:18 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThroughMyEyes
Frutis does the same to my hair. I believe that the only reason why people liek it so much is because of the color of the bottle and the excitring commercials. The best shampoo that I have ever used what actually for people with African American Hair. Their shamppoos and conditioners are very rich and creamy. There is one but i do not know the name but you can find it at wallgreens or what ever drug store is near you. It is by the perms and other african american hair products. It is a small bottle dark brown with a gold sticker with a woman on it.l It also smells like peppermint. It is extreemly refreshing! you should try it. It has made my hari soft and manageble with no breakege. Another good shampoo is Dove.
I'm totally with ya on the African American products. I use Motions CPR Treatment Conditioner and it works great. It really cuts back on breakage. I recently tried their Oil Moisturizing Neutralizing Shampoo and Conditioner, though, and the shampoo faded my color. Their website said that their neutralizing shampoos were the best for color-treated hair. Go figure. Guess I'll have to take them back to Sally's and get my money back. I only used them once so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem because I saved the receipt. For now, I guess I'll use Loreal Vive shampoo for dry color-treated hair. That's worked well for me in the past. I'm also going to continue with the Motions condtioner. Excellent product if you have hair breakage, it's a yellow container with a purple lid. Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by kittywitty; 10-20-2005 at 09:05 PM.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 AM   #9
(female)

sillisha HB User

Try citrishine.

Old 11-23-2005, 03:23 PM   #10
(female)

Arai_Akino19 HB User

i used the garnier long and strong products and that did nothing but make my hair dry and damaged. im an African American and my hair is extreamly long. The best product to use is Optimum Oil Therapy. its the best. my hair is not color treated but Optimum products will help damaged hair get back silky and shiny. Give it a try!

Old 01-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
(female)

kassy HB User

I used the Garnier mousse on 1 occassion.. well they claimed it was mousse.. I think it was actually super glue.. HORRIBLE STUFF

Last edited by kassy; 01-14-2006 at 05:40 PM.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #12
(female)

Abby214 HB User

I have never used the Garnier Fructis Shampoos or conditioners, but I do use the other products and absolutely love them.
I have fine hair and the Volumne mousse works great. I also use the Surf Hair and it is awesome too!
Works great for me, I haven't found anything that works as well!

Abby

Old 01-14-2006, 05:37 PM   #13
(female)

330exGirlOrl HB User

I've been using Granier Long and Strong because I noticed my hair thinning/Falling out/breaking. I'm currently on my 2nd bottle of shampoo and conditioner and have noticed great results. Granted, I'm not growing more hair or getting thicker hair, but I have noticed hardly any hair in my brush after a shower (like I was before). I still shed some during the day but no where near as much as I used to...now to only get more hair, lol. My hair is naturally blond so I use the "Sheer Blond" styling products by John Frieda and they are WONDERFUL. I can actually get more body and style without making my hair look greasy, like most products make it look.

Last edited by 330exGirlOrl; 01-14-2006 at 05:42 PM.

Closed Thread