It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #1
(male)

wdko11 HB User
I'm just too young for this...!

Hey guys, im having a serious hair problem and i need to let it out...

Im 16 years old, 11th grade, and im experiencing hair loss! how weird, its been going on for about 2 years now? when it first began i didnt think much of it, during the summer i kinda got concerned about it... but now, after being told at school today by 3 people that im balding, its REALLY getting to me... the back of my head (the vortex as they call it) is distinct, i kno its supposed to be a little distinct cuz thats where the hair separates, but its REALLY distinct...

now im not going to say that im surprised im balding... cuz that wud just be dumb, i kno balding is in my family history, but i honestly did not think it wud come this early.... and im Middle Eastern (Indian), arent we supposed to have nice thick hair?!

now i've done my research, so im not completley in the dust about this... i kno that DHT causes hairloss... so my question is will reducing the amount of DHT prevent hairloss/regrow hair?

I've heard that Procepia is really good... but can 16 year olds take it? i read that once u stop, all the hair u grew back falls out in 12 months.... so does that mean that, in order to keep Procepia working, i have to take it every day for the rest of my life?

Also are there any hairstyles that can reduce the appearance of balding in the vortex of the head? i was thinking about a buzz, but wudnt that make balding more noticeable? because my hair is quite thin

man im sorry for rambling but this is really starting to get to me now... if somebody cud PLEASE help me i'd REALLY appreciate it...

Thanks

Last edited by wdko11; 10-21-2005 at 08:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-26-2005, 11:26 AM   #2
(male)

dreamer54 HB Userdreamer54 HB User
Re: I'm just too young for this...!

Probably the best thing to do would be to talk with your doctor. Sometimes a medical condition causes hairloss. It`s true that DHT causes hairloss. Many men use drugs to help eliminate the DHT from causing hairloss but you are too young for them at this time. There are other ways to combat DHT though. Some people swear by using Head and Shoulders Shampoo saying that the Zinc in it helps prevent hairloss. Others use Nizoral Shampoo saying this helps with hairloss. Head and Shoulders has helped me for years now. I also take approx. 25mg of zinc (orally) a day and 50 mg of vitamin B6 daily. Both are said to help inhibit DHT but too much zinc can actually hurt you. Another DHT inhibitor is the herb Saw Palmetto which I take each day.

Old 11-07-2005, 08:19 AM   #3
(male)

Crown-Unit HB User
Re: I'm just too young for this...!

youre definatly not alone buddy. id ay my first comment about a receding hairline came from my girlfriend when i was in my late 17 period like a year ago. my vortex area isnt really that far gone though, so i cant really help you out with the styling, i know that a shaggy haircut has always been my best friend, but that could be different for you. I have a friend that started balding at around 15, and he sports a buzz cut , which seems to be the most effective. i havent gone that route yet, but ive been thinking about it. good luck though, and definatly look into some vitimins for hair loss as a natural alternative to somehting as harsh as propecia

Closed Thread