It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2005, 05:04 AM   #1
(female)

peckhouser HB User
static in hair

In the winter time my hair gets alot of static.Does anybody know of a way to tame this?It gets so bad I sometimes can't even brush my hair.I use an ionic hair dryer that cuts it back some but it is still a problem.Also I have used static guard(which makes my hair look dull) and fabric softener sheets(they help for about an hour).I heard that creme rinse would help but I can't seem to find it in my shopping area.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-09-2005, 09:49 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kittywitty HB Userkittywitty HB User
Re: static in hair

Well, I recently started using a comb instead of a brush and it really cut back on the static. Also, having a humidifier in your home helps tremendously.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2005, 04:26 AM   #3
(female)

peckhouser HB User

Well I went to the beauty supply place and looked around for creme rinse.....I found one bottle in the whole store.Couldn't wait to get home to try it......thank goodness the stuff actually worked.I was able to go out with hubby and wear the new sweater I had purchased without mt hair standing on end.My hair turned out very soft and shiny.

Old 12-11-2005, 10:32 AM   #4
(female)

wvpumpkin HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckhouser
Well I went to the beauty supply place and looked around for creme rinse.....I found one bottle in the whole store.Couldn't wait to get home to try it......thank goodness the stuff actually worked.I was able to go out with hubby and wear the new sweater I had purchased without mt hair standing on end.My hair turned out very soft and shiny.
What is the name of the creme rinse???

Old 12-12-2005, 04:29 AM   #5
(female)

peckhouser HB User

It's called "Ion" they have a whole line of products.It worked really well and it smells like marzipan...yum....it reminded me of Vidal Sassoon's creme rinse....right down to the aroma.I have been using it for several days now and it's working great.I got it at Sally's Beauty Supply.

Old 12-12-2005, 05:23 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

All you have to do is buy some static guard?i have to use this every time I attempt to actually brush or comb my hair,mostly in the winter.my hair is rather long and layered and without the static guard,as soon as i run the comb thru it my hair just attacks and sticks to my face til i just spray a bit of the SG on it.I have the big can that I use when doing my hair at home and they also make a smaller size that you can carry in your purse.I don;t know what the heckIwould do without this stuff.it works just fantastic really.I usually spray it thru my hair before i attempt to brush it or style it.it leaves no residue or even a smell but gets rid of that static asap.try it,I know you will be 100% satisfied.FB

Old 12-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #7
(female)

atrooterisu HB User

sometimes i just spray little bit of static guard in my hair. It smell funky but it doesn't hurt.

Old 01-26-2006, 08:58 PM   #8
(female)

s.g. HB User

I put it on my brush or comb and brush through my hair. Works great!!

Closed Thread