HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Hair Problems (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/)
-   -   Silver hair, silver hair...it's aging time for moi! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/hair-problems/357700-silver-hair-silver-hair-its-aging-time-moi.html)

nightowl2 01-16-2006 07:29 PM

Silver hair, silver hair...it's aging time for moi!

I need some questions answered seriously..... :rolleyes:

women that I used to work with would repeatedly tell me that if a person pulls out the grey or "silver" hair, that it will just grow back with a vengance..is this an old wives tale, or is this true?

also, is it true if a woman were to pluck out the hair on her face, that the hair will grow back more coarser?

Last but not least, what foods will make your hair grow? I used to hear that Carrots worked...but, if anyone has any fantastic ideas....please send them this way!

thanks!
nightowl2 :rolleyes: :wave: :angel: :bouncing: :bouncing:

nlfre 01-31-2006 10:26 AM

Re: Silver hair, silver hair...it's aging time for moi!

women that I used to work with would repeatedly tell me that if a person pulls out the grey or "silver" hair, that it will just grow back with a vengance..is this an old wives tale, or is this true?

also, is it true if a woman were to pluck out the hair on her face, that the hair will grow back more coarser?

Last but not least, what foods will make your hair grow? I used to hear that Carrots worked...but, if anyone has any fantastic ideas....please send them this way!

I have silver hair in great looking streaks. Used to color my hair up until exactly 3 years ago. Yes that is an old wives tale...and why pull out your hair and torure yourself anyway?
Facial hair...in India here and in a lot of the eastern countries women pluck their facial hair, or use a method called threading...this is for the upper lip and stray hair around the eyebrows.... also if there is a hair or two on the chin. Over time the growth reduces to a minimum. Waxing legs, arms and underarms also leads to hair growth retardation in those areas. No, it does not grow back coarser as in the case of shaving.
I don't know about foods....

CINDERELLA 01-31-2006 11:32 AM

I have darkish hair on my arms and use an epilator to pull them out, they grow back just the same, however I wouldnt dare shave as I am sure it would grow back coarse.

nightowl2 02-03-2006 06:53 PM

Hair!How I love my Hair,but, not when I am losing it!

I have lupus, and it is mild,as well as fibromyalgia, however....I would like to know if it's genetically possible to lose all of your hair as a female,and is it only one type of disease, or what hair diseases, Total, can cause hair to fall out?Does anybody know? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bouncing: :bouncing:

Thanks! :wave:

P.S. thanks for your other answers! :D

Choice 02-04-2006 05:01 PM

Diabetes, thyroid disease, liver disease, pituitary imbalances, fungal infections on the scalp, and other hormone imbalances. Diet and nutrition can play a role as well as many medications.

nightowl2 02-08-2006 08:53 AM

Foods for Hair...

:wave: :rolleyes: Okay!
What great types of foods should we be eating to get strength for our hair,and shiny hair,not limp ,sad looking hair...anybody,want to give it a try?

I still wanna know!

nightowl2
:bouncing: :bouncing: :confused: