It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2006, 07:29 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Silver hair, silver hair...it's aging time for moi!

I need some questions answered seriously.....

women that I used to work with would repeatedly tell me that if a person pulls out the grey or "silver" hair, that it will just grow back with a vengance..is this an old wives tale, or is this true?

also, is it true if a woman were to pluck out the hair on her face, that the hair will grow back more coarser?

Last but not least, what foods will make your hair grow? I used to hear that Carrots worked...but, if anyone has any fantastic ideas....please send them this way!

thanks!
nightowl2

Last edited by nightowl2; 01-16-2006 at 07:30 PM.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:26 AM   #2
(female)

nlfre HB User
Re: Silver hair, silver hair...it's aging time for moi!

women that I used to work with would repeatedly tell me that if a person pulls out the grey or "silver" hair, that it will just grow back with a vengance..is this an old wives tale, or is this true?

also, is it true if a woman were to pluck out the hair on her face, that the hair will grow back more coarser?

Last but not least, what foods will make your hair grow? I used to hear that Carrots worked...but, if anyone has any fantastic ideas....please send them this way!

I have silver hair in great looking streaks. Used to color my hair up until exactly 3 years ago. Yes that is an old wives tale...and why pull out your hair and torure yourself anyway?
Facial hair...in India here and in a lot of the eastern countries women pluck their facial hair, or use a method called threading...this is for the upper lip and stray hair around the eyebrows.... also if there is a hair or two on the chin. Over time the growth reduces to a minimum. Waxing legs, arms and underarms also leads to hair growth retardation in those areas. No, it does not grow back coarser as in the case of shaving.
I don't know about foods....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

CINDERELLA HB User

I have darkish hair on my arms and use an epilator to pull them out, they grow back just the same, however I wouldnt dare shave as I am sure it would grow back coarse.

Old 02-03-2006, 06:53 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Hair!How I love my Hair,but, not when I am losing it!

I have lupus, and it is mild,as well as fibromyalgia, however....I would like to know if it's genetically possible to lose all of your hair as a female,and is it only one type of disease, or what hair diseases, Total, can cause hair to fall out?Does anybody know?

Thanks!

P.S. thanks for your other answers!

Old 02-04-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User

Diabetes, thyroid disease, liver disease, pituitary imbalances, fungal infections on the scalp, and other hormone imbalances. Diet and nutrition can play a role as well as many medications.

Old 02-08-2006, 08:53 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

nightowl2 HB User
Question Foods for Hair...

Okay!
What great types of foods should we be eating to get strength for our hair,and shiny hair,not limp ,sad looking hair...anybody,want to give it a try?

I still wanna know!

nightowl2

Closed Thread