It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #1
(male)

logan_ HB User
Ingrown hair on thighs from hair falling out and growing back

I'm and 18 yr old guy. I went to the doctors a few weeks ago for another reason that I’m going to talk about, but I brought up the fact (to him) that it looked like I had acne all over my legs and thighs. He eventually told me that they were ingrown hairs.
I don’t shave my legs or anything like that, it’s just that because I have fairly hairy legs, my pants are constantly rubbing against my legs and wearing down the hair. I’m assuming when their hair grows back, it’s becoming ingrown. But I mean they are all over my thighs.. I can’t even run my finger nail from my knee (which has them too) to my stomach without feeling bumps from it. From reading other people’s posts it seems they have only a few visual bumps but my legs are covered in what looks to be acne. And what’s worse is, I’m going back to school this Monday and I take 2 gym classes. The last thing I need is people thinking my legs are covered in pimples if you know what I mean.

All I was told by the doctor was to use polysporin (an anti-bacterial cream). Is that going to work? Cause it doesn’t seem to. I don’t know what do to. I’d try going back to the doctors, but I don’t know if it’s a big enough concern to pay a visit.

They do hurt quite a lot especially on my inner thighs when they rub together. What can I do to actually maybe prevent this from happening rather than healing it? Like I said, I don’t shave, so I can’t switch razors or a movement of shaving because I simply don’t. Anyone have any answers, please help me out!
\
I’m really desperate! Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2006, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Choice HB User
Re: Ingrown hair on thighs from hair falling out and growing back

TendSkin works great for ingrown hairs. Some salons carry it as well as it being available online.

Old 02-07-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
(male)

logan_ HB User
Re: Ingrown hair on thighs from hair falling out and growing back

It was difficult to find any stores where I live that carried it, so I bought it from a Skin Store online in British Columbia.

I'm going to try it tonight and I'll update you in a few days (or sooner??) on how it works.

Thanks!

Closed Thread