It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
(female)

mmmkay007 HB User
hair/scalp issues

hey...
i'm a teenaged girl and i have some hair/scalp issues
for the past few months i have had what i assume to be dandruff, however it is not small specks but more like flakes of dead skin. it usually stays trapped close to my scalp in my longish hair, which i usually wear down. i also have an itchy scalp, which gets irritated and sometimes i notice patches of red on my scalp which seem to ooze [i know it's gross] becasue they are shiny-ish. i think that the red patches are caused by my scratching [which i try not to do], but sometimes i can't even remember scratching in those particular spots. Also, i have noticed at least three hairs that are white from the base to a couple inches outward. i wash my hair everyday...which is necessary because if i don't my hair gets REALLY disgustingly greasy. i DO consider myself frequently stressed out, i'm a high acheiver in school, have big lound family, etc., so i dont know if that has anything to do with my problems [the white hair anyways].
anyways...i'm pretty freaked out and would really appreciate any feedback.
thanks!

Old 02-26-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

caliente HB User
Re: hair/scalp issues

it could just be a dry, irritated scalp. its quite common during the winter months. i'm suffering from it right now, which is odd since i have an oily scalp.

one thing that is helping me is neutrogena t/gel shampoo. i use it twice a week and it seems to be working well to get rid of the flakes and itchiness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 04:42 PM   #3
(male)

Jackalope103 HB User
Re: hair/scalp issues

Sounds like scalp psoriasis. You should consult a dermatologist, who may prescribe a medicated shampoo. Just went through this myself.

Closed Thread