It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2006, 12:32 AM   #1
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User
Rogaine...Does It Really Work?

I am noticeing my hair is thinning from front to back but mostly receding hairline. I want to be able to keep what I have so I was thinking about using Rogaine. {REMOVED}
Despite what Rogaine says about not using for receding hairline, has anyone tried it for front baldness and had any luck?
Mucho Gracias in advance.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-28-2006 at 05:55 AM. Reason: Don't copy and paste material from other sources. Ms_Mod

Old 05-01-2006, 09:14 AM   #2
(male)

Breezes HB User
Re: Rogaine...Does It Really Work?

Deletexxxx

Last edited by Breezes; 04-04-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2006, 01:38 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Dan_Sims HB User

boricuaitaliano, yes use Rogaine on the front and back.
The reason why Rogaine doesn't put on the cover to use it on the front.
The FDA didn't approve it for the front.
But it works for the front.
My friend was losing his hair in the front and back.
He started taking Propecia.
Then he uses 5% Rogaine along with Retin A cream.
It was found that, that applying Retin-A with Minoxidil increase's the absorption of Minoxidil on the hair.
Minoxidil is the main incredient in Rogaine.
Retin-A should be applied separately from minoxidil.
If you mix them together, you will weaken them.
Put the Retin-A on your hair, then wait 15 minutes till it dry's.
Then apply the minoxidil on your hair.

Last edited by Dan_Sims; 05-01-2006 at 02:43 PM.

Old 06-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #4
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User

Is there such thing as fake Rogaine on the market? I bought Rogaine on Ebay and was wondering if it's real or not. I bought the the Ocean Breeze and noticed the color was yellow and when I applied to my scalp it was oily. The other Rogaine I bought from ebay was clear like water.
Thanks.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:31 AM   #5
(female)

trekgeek HB User

Rogain really does grow hair... The only thing to understand is that is grows hair in places that your body cannot, meaning you have to use it forever if you want "permanent" hair replacement. All hair grown with Rogaine or any other drug will typically begin to fall out after about 10 days of non-use. Your body is the only thing that can really grow hair.

What happens... Your (healthy) folicles can support up to 10 single strands of hair... as time goes on your follicle gets "gunked up" with various products or in males especially (DHT) dihydrotestosterone, making it harder to grow hair.

Imagine an empty glass (which is your follicle)... the bottom of the glass (follicle) is where your hair strands get their "food"... now imagine putting cement in the bottom of the glass, restricting your hair's access to it's supply of food... your hair then takes "shallow" root and you start to get little almost fuzzy pieces of hair and instead of 10 strands of hair, you might have 2 or 3. Eventually, your hair cannot break though the build-up and your follicle will die. When a follicle dies, there is no way to repair it and your scalp becomes smooth and shiny.

There is a product called Nioxin which is designed to help your hair get the "food" it needs. It does not grow hair. It cleans out your follicle to allow new hair to grow. When you first use it you will lose some hair, but know that it is the hair that is planted in the "shallow" part of your follicle that you are losing. After it has cleaned the follicle, new hair will begin to grow. You do not have to use this product for the rest of your life. But, if you do not take care of the follicles, they will most certianly get "gunked up" again.

I have been using this product for 3 years now, and I have noticed a significant difference in the volume of my hair. It took a good year to really see a difference (beacuse my hair was growing naturally and that takes time), but I love it! You have to use the system, not just one product so it really is an investment but for me it was a no brainer, I would have paid anything for my hair to stop falling out...

I know I can never get back the use of the follicles that have died, but I know that if I continue to use the product, I will not lose any more hair...

Sorry this is so long... good luck!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:22 PM   #6
(male)

boricuaitaliano HB User

Nicely said
I tried Nioxin and after one month or so using it my scalp started to break out so I stop using it. I am not bald but I am noticing some shinny areas in the rear ontop and the front of my scalp is receding. So I always shave my head but I still have hair where I can style it but it's thining. So I am trying to be proactive by saving what I have before it's to late.
My doctor told me I have Seborrheic Dermatitis but I think it was the Nioxin but then again I do have dry skin as well a dry scalp so who really knows.

Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM   #7
(male)

Brian12817 HB User

I've been using vitamins and herbs for a while and my hair loss has actually stopped completely. I haven't shedded a hair in weeks. If I were to use Rogaine for a while, and lets say some hairs grow.. would they fall out if I stopped using it? I really want a kick start for my hair folicals and hope that my body has ridded the DHT to let my hair continue to grow. Would this work?

Old 07-30-2006, 11:25 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hitmen HB User

^^Yes, any new growth associated with Minox would fall out once you discontinue. Rogaine must be used continiously. If you'd like...I've read that using it once a day is just as good as using it twice a day.

Closed Thread