It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Hair Problems Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 04:07 AM   #1
(female)

shai`anne HB User
My hair turned green!

I have been dying my hair for 12 years and had no problems. I saw this dye and highlighting kit by Loreal called couleur experte. I dyed and put the highlights in and it didn't come with a cap. You just put in the highlights where you want them and it says the highlights won't spread to you other hair. Liar. After I rinsed it out the highlights had spread. It looked a mess. I called Loreal and talked to one of their "color experts" and she told me wait 24 hour and told me what color to dye over it with. I did exactly what she told me and not my hair is tinted green. My color is naturally dark brown and I dyed it brown. Someone please help me. Other then shaving my head bald how do I get rid of this green hair?

Old 06-05-2006, 04:37 AM   #2
(female)

Kathp HB User
Re: My hair turned green!

Shai' anne - I think the only way to rectify this is to go to a professional salon and get some advice from a professional colourist. The amount of dye you've had to use on your hair could end up making it very dry, brittle and unhealthy. I know it's expensive to go to a salon, but when you have serious colour problems, it really is the only way. I had the exact same experience with the Loreal product you mentioned. It was horrific and I thought there was no way my hair could be rescued.. but I went to a salon and the hairdresser used a toner to eliminate the green, then put on a semi permanent wash; after a couple of months, my hair was back in decent condition. I now go to the salon every 8 weeks for my highlights and my hair is in the best condition of my life and the perfect colour I've always wanted, but could never acheive at home. It's worth the money! Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
(female)

ljhayes HB User

shai'anne,

What did you end up doing. The exact same thing has just happened to me and my salon is booked. I have a party to attend tomorrow night and I don't know what to do. Please tell me how you resolved your situation!

Old 06-14-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
(female)

runnin76 HB User

I think this is THE worst product Loreal has ever created.
I also had a similar problem about 2 months ago.
Used the Colour Experte for Light Brown hair and ended up with "I love Lucy" red.
Ended up rushing to the store in my jammies at 6:30 AM before my kids got up and getting some Excellence Dark Ash Brown to tone it down (which is darker than my natural color, but it made a major improvement)
I just don't think Colour Experte has the right amount of lift in it or something.
And after reading stuff online, it seems like there are very FEW who actually achieved the look they wanted with this product.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

kathryn+2 HB Userkathryn+2 HB User

i agree with Kathp .i think only a professional can help you now. Especially with grey hair as it is so porous. Ones hair is such a large part of the way you look and feel about how you look.. spending the extra to get it done right the first time will save you in the end. For one, your hair will be much healthier,look better, and save you the very large exspense of having a mistake corrected. I wish you luck.
P.s ...I think if you check the drugstore they actually make a product for removing color. I've also heard you can use detergent. It's very harsh ,but will strip the color after a few washings ,then do a half hour deep conitioning treatment.

Last edited by ms_mod; 06-17-2006 at 10:20 AM.

Closed Thread